Diane's new computer - Thank you Sixer!

squirrel17404p

Honorary Member
Here is a picture of my wife's new computer. Has a AMD Phenom 2 processor running at 3.2, Asus Evo motherboard, ATI 4800 video cards crossfired (my old cards), 3 gigs of ddr3 memory (my old memory, I now have 8 gigs of Kingston HyperX 1600), 320 gig hard drive, and a 550 watt power supply. She uses it mainly for surfing and a few games like Sims3. Here is a picture. Again, thank you Sixer for the case!

001-6.jpg

Nice! That shit looks sweet with the blue lights on the top fan. More pictures! I'm glad the case worked out for you guys, enjoy!

Mike will take more tomorrow <3. I need to replace a cable in here, one of the PCI-E cables is messed up, but that cable is only 4 bucks, and as long as I'm careful and don't BUMP it it's fine. I'm running Overdrive on it, and before tweaking the cards I ran Heaven, I had 40.4 FPS with under what for me is fairly full load (a browser window with 6+ tabs, two IM windows, with updates running in the background.) so this machine even before tweaking is damn sweet. Need to upgrade my power supply next (I have Mike's old 550w, planning on upgrading to a 700w.) because yeah, 550 w for this isn't really cutting it.

So yeah, it's VERY sweet. As soon as I'm done with all these updates I'm reinstalling sims 3 and guild wars on here.

Good to hear. It sounds like a nice setup and you're right about the PSU. I killed a 600W Seasonic with two 4870's. After upgrading to a 750 it was no problem. It sounds like you're getting some good performance out of the new rig-good job!

Sounds like somebody's ready to get back to gaming! I just love upgrades :)

Nice that you could give an assist, Sixer. Squirrel and Diane - enjoy!

Back