Debating on getting 2142

LiveTrash

The reason I am is because it is a fair priced game. Even though it is an old game, from what I have seen, looks like it has good combat. Maybe you guys could share your inputs on the game. Pros and cons. And will most of you still be playing it even with BC2 coming out? Also, i'm sure some 2142 servers will remain up when BC2 server software is released, right?

Thanks if you share your input.

EDIT: I noticed there is Northern Strike, Deluxe Edition, etc. Which one should I get if I were to get the game. In other words, which one do you guys have. (That is, if they are separate games, or does one just has more enhanced features than the other?)

i dunno, its ok. ive only played about 1280 hours of it.

:D

Lol. Well, as I added in an EDIT is Northern Strike the one I should get? Or is Deluxe Edition the same thing, just with more features or what ever..?

You should definitely get it. Best multiplayer shooter out there by far - imo as of today. Wait for the patched edition. NS is a map pack for 2142. When patch comes out EA is going to include NS with 2142 and sell as a unit - just like they did with BF2 and the expansion packs. It will then be on Staem.

Have a rough idea of when this patch is going to be out and when it will be sold as a pack with the game and NS map pack?

Dude you should be able to find a new/sealed copy on ebay for really really cheap. Just buy the base game, it includes the content 90% of the community plays.

Supposedly, when the patch comes out (2 months from now at the earliest IMHO although Soulzz would probably disagree), Northern Strike will be free and included in the patch.

So, you don't need to buy NS/Deluxe. Just buy 2142.

I haven't looked, but you can probably find a copy for ~$10-15 brand new which is a steal really...

just get the deluxe edition for 20 bucks which includes northern strike in it for 20 bucks

I was thinking of that Tee, and might from the EA store. But I WOULD prefer a disk copy so I don't have to worry about losing the digital copy and not being able to download it again from the EA store. Anyway... thanks for your input

I've never played 2142...lol; great game; many different ways to approach the game. If you like to fly gunships, ground pound, or my fav just sit in titan guns.

2142 vanilla is enough. i spend the minimum hours required in NS for the extra unlocks. then back to camp G or suez. once in a while we go mess around on a NS server.

for me NS is more of a pain. it never launches right, "unmodified content". ive done 3 or 4 fixes and still happens once a month.

buy yea, i can take a tank for a ride or go nuts in a gunship. when the round moves a long you can titan assault/defend. the game keeps moving.

NS is really fun if you enjoy infantry or walkers.

I actually had a LOT of fun on the NS maps (especially Bridge at Remagen) in my early days... when I used to roof camp and snipe people lulz.

Back