DayZ

wylie888

So I just got DayZ and it seems to be everything I hated in skyrim, borderlands, bioshock etc., walking around for hours looking for things and not really knowing what is going on. Am I missing something? I was alone the whole time so I'm sure the dynamic is different with a group.

I will say it was kind of nice walking around with a shotgun and everyone saying on chat "don't shoot! Friendly!"--it was a little weird because I kept trying to "spot" them a la BF using the "Q" key...

The joy is getting into a firefight. It can take a few hours to get accustomed to. We have a DayZ channel that you are more than welcome to join :).

It can take a few hours just to get your gear for a firefight, and another hour walking to it. 10 hours of sheer frustration tonight in my DayZ baptism. It's buggy as fuck, LITERALLY takes more than an hour to walk from one side of the map to the other and you lose all of the gear it takes you an hour or more to get whenever you die which is frequently. You can walk right off roofs, scaffoldings, through walls all of which can kill you not to mention the zombies that can walk through walls, fences and doors that you can't walk through not to mention other players who seem to pretty much always be enemies. When they add vehicles the game will become 50% more playable. I'm not going to abandon the game because I just spent $30 on the game and ten hours learning how to die in bizarre ways (eating a can of tuna for one). I think the game has potential to be a lot of fun, but it's nowhere near there yet. I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like when they are finished developing it.

Someone poison your can of tuna? I havent fell off any ladders, roofs because of bugs and what not in a few weeks now thought it was fixed in most recent patch. You can fall off roofs due to suicidal tendiencies. The game involves a certian ammount of patience and thought. Gear is hard to come by since the last patch. That will be fixed they stated.

I dont find the learning curve very steep in regards to games like bf, wow ect... if you make an erronous judgment you die plain and simple. Real life Common sense goes far in this game.

1. Dont eat rotten fruit period even if it says pristien. (Unless you have a charcoal tab to take afterwards)
2. Dont drink disenffectent spray period you will die. You can use it to clean rags, gear, and your buddys wounds i belive.
3.alcahol tinatures are your best friend. Apply it 1x to your wounds if a zombie hits you. It will say your sick when you do but disregard it. Ive died countless times to zombie hits because of contracting zombie flu and not being able to clean the wound. YOU CAN DIE FROM DRINKING IT with out charcoal tabs and a water source close by your pretty much screwed. (used to poison food and people as well)
3. Tetracyline antibiotics are good for both zombie wounds and general sickness take 1x only. I dont think you can die from eating to many.

Our 2 tbg serveres are a bitch to gear up on now/ and join as well. Reason being is that they are currently the only 24/7 daylight servers known to exist to dayz players since the patch. Thanks to ANAL GRAPES CODING WORK he unfucked ours and got them back on daylight.

Server hopping is a must for gear till loot spawn is fixed.

I could go on and on.....

The biggest thing you can do to help yourself get through DayZ.... is forget everything you know about Battle Field ..

An hour+ to walk across the map, that's not a BattleField fever problem. I will give it another run when I get home from work.

Like I said Mac, its more than just running. You haven't experienced the best part.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Its fun as a team but kinda sucky alone. Its not so bad alone if you are geared up and know the lay of the land but it can get pretty rough alone and naked.

Last night was my first time to really play. I did play with the TBG Gang. It took me awhile to get across the map to where everyone else was. It was kinda long but at the same time fun. Not knowing if I would come across a Zombie or enemy was fun. How long will that last, we shall see. Once I did catch up with everyone else we basically just hung out in a house and watched for others who were passing by. I personally never shot a round, because I for one am not sure how to shoot for sure, and I personally did not see anyone. But I was on look out. LOL It was funny because my wife kept walking by and would say that "you have not moved in an hour". LOL. She supports me playing games, so it was no big deal, but oddly enough it was kinda fun to lookout and here the conversations that were going on. I would probably relate it to maybe like deer hunting. Sit around and watch for people and shoot the breeze. Except I was in the comfort of my own home. I dont know the lasting appeal, but I think it will have some. Looking forward to vehicles and animals. Would make it more interesting.

Good to hear just wait till we are sitting in that house and a group of people try and attack it your heart will pump.

Tapped with my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

It is a fun game.

Until you meet the people who want to do nothing but wield axes and gut people. Who you think should be in an insane asylum and not allowed to talk to people.

But alas I am here.

well its not a small map and real footage u have to run to towns they say there can be up to 3 players for 5km squared 12 in hot spots or even more
its a huge map

Sadly I am working 1-9 so I won't be getting home till like 12 eastern most nights for the next 2 weeks.

I thought I remembered something about that work schedule .

Tapped with my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Back