DayZ

yep this is not no fine tuned race car yet, But Im sure it will be sometime in the later month's, Don't matter if you die just have fun doing it everything is replaceable and easy to do and well the more u die the more u need to travel and the more u need to get around and learn the map, What to do and what not to do. This game wont be any fun till some things get added and fixed mainly weapons if we don't get more weapons its always a never ending scrounge. Better to let someone kill another with a weapon and take it then to find it when u spawn as a Bambi, Just grab medical supplies a hand gun and food for ppl that do'nt have any and your self. I personally don't carry canteens, I drink from the fountain and sodas to hold me over Rasputin kvass are the best one's, and packed with calories to keep u moving always pick them up before any others unless u don't have a choice

Watched a few streamers playing DayZ - for sure it's more fun / entertaining playing with friends / team.

I might pick this game up and start streaming it too to gain more viewers / followers.

We'll see when I'm back from vacation - anyone able to get this game for cheap?

looks like it could be fun but it's a no go until i have steady work

Hop on board for a good time... collect soda cans or whatever. Its $30 bucks as i am sure you no. I get it tho you need steady work. See you ingame at some point.

This game will be oh soooooo much better when they fix the clunky and awkward controls. Also, having to jam the #2 key 8 times to bring up a weapon is a bummer.Today 5:59am

Aaronc53Uresdog
L
THIS. And here I thought I was the only one who had to press the button 40 times before my guy would take out his gun. Today 7:39am

"WELL QUIT FUCKING SPAMMING THE FUCKING KEYS RETARD LOOKS LIKE FUMBLING THE FUCKING WEAPON TO ME PANICKING LIKE A MORON!!!!!!!"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I was playing earlier and there were like 5 people on the map. WELL....wouldnt you know that two of them were in the city that I was in. And one acted like friendly and then a second came and told us to get on the ground. I did and he came to hand cuff me. I SAID HELL NO!!! lol I didnt have any gear anyway...so I tried to run away!!! Didnt work. I was shot unconscious!! LOL.

I see people in videos do it and I looked at the controls and didnt see where it is, but how are people looking to the side while in 3rd person view? When I turn my head and start walking that way. Thanks

If you have a keypad you can use the numbers to free look as well when running.

I have been thinking about getting it...seems a betters time and money worth than BF4 right now...what should I do??

I cannot possibly recommend enough to stay away from this game. If you have mountains of time to sink into it with other people it is probably playable, but it is absolutely not a game you can launch any time and have some fun. This game is 100% about the grind, and everything you grind out for hours (food, weapons, location) can all be gone in a second if you fall off a ledge, get hit by too many zombies or come across another human being. I keep hearing it's great in a group, 13 hours played so far and I haven't had a fun group experience but I have spent hours walking, and walking, and walking, and walking, and walking and BAM some random dickhead you didn't even know existed just erased your hours of work with one bullet. This game might be for some people, but Snake I think I know you well enough to say it's definitely not your cup of tea. I'm trying to put enough time into this game to maybe pick up on some style of gameplay that is escaping me, will keep at it for a while longer. BF is essentially a lateral move.

Last edited:
well man, i played BF2: PR and that was epic. 6 hour maps...good times. I know its slower pace, and shitty the way people just want to kill others instead of surviving, but may be some intense moments of fun that gets the adrenaline pumping. bf4 doesnt get the blood flowing like the chopper in BF3 did

I have found the game to be freakishly addictive. Yes it is quirky...its an early alpha release that wont even reach beta till the end of this year. Yes, you will die and be stripped of your gear....play with that expectation and it doesn't sting so much. You can gear up quickly once you latch onto a decent map (dayzdb.com) showing you the gear drop sites. Server hoping speeds up this process tremendously. Travel at night when you are a bambi to get to good spots with no troubles. When you turn your in game brightness up to max and the moon is out it can come close to daylight.

I finally got geared up last night for the first time in 20 hours of gaming. Have weapon, ammo, food, drink and managed to leave the server before I got killed. Looking forward to hopping back on now, but not looking forward to losing all my shit again.

I love the game but dont base it entirely on your 1st 20 hrs of experience. I can get geared up in a matter of a few minutes with luck or a few hrs. But at any time once you get killed the game sucks period unless you like the experience of re gearing and pain that goes with it. Living for days is easy if you make a plan up and stick with it. Being in a group of 4 is where I think the game is most fun. More than 4 and too much stupidity takes place and people die. When solo I like to choose areas just off the beaten path usually 2 story buildings with 1 entrance and camp inside them. Bushes or pine trees make good ambush points as well. I never open up on the first person i see until i think there alone or they bunch up. I might not get as many kills when grouped as others but im alive longer.

Back