Crysis 2 - Demo coming 3/1

Arturo_Fuente

Anyone thinking of getting this?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8U8elUE3yI4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

some actual gameplay (xbox)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oAMNeQ1xp6k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I will wait for the reviews. I'm not gonna lie, the graphics look good. I want to see others play it first, though.

multiplayer might suck, 16 players only. I am picky with my games so it might be good.

Well you guys know im getting it, ive been pissing in my pants for this for 2 years now.

I fear that I might have to get another gtx 580 though

I am going to check out demo because it's free but since I didn't care for Crysis, I fairly certain I won't be spending $60 bucks on this game unless I am seriously impressed by the demo.

*If you don't have a Steam Account you can download it here as well.

Crysis 2 Demo

http://www.geforce.com/#/News/articles/crysis-2-demo?cid=Demo_Crysis2_Email

Win The Crysis 2 Dream Machine

http://www.geforce.com/#/News/articles/crysis-2-demo?cid=MaingearSweeps_Crysis2_Email

Designed by our friends at Maingear, the SHIFT Superstock PC is jam-packed with top-end technology including three EVGA GeForce GTX 580s that won’t even break a sweat when playing Crysis 2 with all options enabled at the highest resolutions.

The demo plays a lot like Halo. It took me a bit to get used to, but I like it. It's certainly not worth 60 bucks though, IMO.

1st opinion

Game is awesome - so far
MP is 6 on 6 - Not sure if # of players matters - game is super fast with a ton of shit going on
Its got the battlefield set-up

I'm Arturo_Fuente in the game

This game is the shit, everything i hoped for and a lot more to come with full release.

i tried two servers and I am stuck there because apparently the person has to launch the game but they are idiots?

or i keep getting error when i am in the browser.

I will pass for now.

MP sucks at least. It's like another CoD.

Like I said in my shoutbox post, it's a twitch shooter. If you're into that, you'll love it. It's certainly better then Black Ops, with better graphics, but it's not worth 60 bucks. I'm still going to pass.

The demo plays a lot like Halo. It took me a bit to get used to, but I like it. It's certainly not worth 60 bucks though, IMO.

See that's just it, I played a few rounds this evening and my initial impression was favorable but like Soulzz, I am not sure it worth $60 bucks from a multiplayer standpoint.

I have decided that I am going to purchase Home Front when it's released later this month as opposed to getting BC2 and the expansions for that game because BC2 has been out for too long and I don't feel like playing catch up with a bunch of seasons BC2 veterans.

If I remember correctly Crysis 2 isn't due out until 03/22 so that should give me a few days to check out Home Front to see if it will satisfy my gaming needs until BF3 is released and if not I can always get Crysis 2 to fill the gap and not be a rookie but I need to play the demo more before I make that decision.

Shockwave, Fast pre-ordered Homefront. If nothing else, see what he says.

Shockwave, Fast pre-ordered Homefront. If nothing else, see what he says.

Yea I know but I am itching for something besides BF2 and I don't want to wait until this fall for BF3 because who knows if it will even be released on time. I am getting the new version of Microsoft Flight Simulator called "Microsoft Flight" when it's released this summer but those types of games fill a different gaming interest, if that makes any sense?

I had been thinking about getting BC2 series however, as I mentioned previously I'm not sure I want to do that because the game has been out for so long and I don't want to be playing catch up with so many experienced players. As it stands right now I am looking to Home Front and now possibly Crysis2 to fill that void until BF3 is released. At least with both of these games I would be starting out on the same level as all the other players. :)

Shock - i would say get BC2 - Its cheap and wiil be a good warm up for BF3 -3 months of Bc2 is perfect- then we all load up BF3 beta some time this summer

Back