CHROME's review of Rising Storm 2: Vietnam (week 5 -Last days of Feb 2017)

Will you check out this game?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know yet, but I am looking for a new FPS game to play that has ADMINs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ChromeLightsaber

Honorary Member
It's hard.
This is good.
There are so many player models to pick from, it's a long learning curve to tell friend from foe.
No mini map
1 self heal per life
Americans have way better equipment than VK, and you won't care. VK can wear clothes that somewhat mimic U.S., adding to the confusion. Winning as the underdog is very satisfying. In fact, I only played as US twice, all other times, I was VK.

Friendly Fire always ON- in BF4, I don't like this, in Vietnam, I love it. I can forgive a TK or your next spawn, you get a 20 second penalty. Too many TK's, and you are autokicked from server until MAP is over (this could be 3 rounds of waiting)

I can mute individual players VOIP and/or their typing!

Artillery and gunships are VERY effective.

Smoke ACTUALLY works and is NEEDED.
White Phosphorus grenades..holy shit.
FLAMETHROWER...very very effective flamethrowers (only 2 players of 64 can have them)

Commander is NEEDED! No Commander- you WILL lose. This is huge to me. I played with some VERY good commanders that I wish were in BF4. A whole new level of player-base in my opinion.

No kill cam..where was the guy that killed me? I don't know. Normally I would hate this, but thats because in BF4, everybody can be a sniper..RS2:V, the number of snipers is limited.

I was very frustrated my first 4 hours in this game. This was my clue that it would be good and keep me coming back for more. You can't just run across a field and expect to live.

I loved how a slow, thought out, contrived and careful approach to gameplay is needed. Map design is excellent. Although I still like BF4, it feels 'arcadey' to me now.

Most importantly, this game made me realize, that I'm sick, absolutely sick, of Desert Maps, and City-scape maps.

The insane amount of foliage is soooo refreshing.
The insane amount of foliage, makes me want a new Video Card, as any good game should..
Ahhh, the curse of the PC Gamer strikes again.

Check out me hiding from arty here. Notice the death animation of the two VK players that get shot in the head, right in front of me.

There are some built in color filters in the game. This video is using the 'War Movie' filter, and kind of muted the colors, which I liked as well. This was the first time on this map, so I have no idea what i'm doing, or how truly big the map was.

This steam game should be on your radar, especially if you are in the 'I'm kind of sick of BF4 but not into WW1 weapons BF1' crowd.

http://www.risingstorm2.com/

"Hold (F) to bandage" Yeah that mechanic is so cool in a multiplayer.
Everything is sooo auto heal this, auto-replenish that now a days.

When is the full release of the game? It's still in BETA?

Closed beta and it runs better than most triple AAA titles. Probably released by June this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Bought my copy. Is there going to be proper admin controls?

This developer to my knowledge usually caters to pc community so I would say yes.

Back