Car Part Question - Right Panel Mirror

Soulzz

Founder
Retired Founder
Would it be easier for me to replace this myself, or should I have a reputable mechanic do it for me?

I went through a moving gate, needless to say i underestimated the timing and the right mirror is done.

From what it sounds like, doing it myself will cost about 50 bucks to buy the part. Maybe 120 with a mechanic?

I have a 2009 Chevy Impala.

Just a mirror? Order the part(painted to match) and do yourself or go to an Audio Shop and try to silver tongue something (barter). Quarter panel.....we talked about this @Soulzz , crunch your numbers and choose whichever is better to suit your budget/well being.
Quarter panels are NOT difficult to swap, however, proper/matching paint is difficult/more expensive to pinpoint.
96% of Auto/Mechnic Shops are going to over charge you for 75% of services rendered. Just like Hardware/Software repair. Everyone is out to make money soulzz, give yours away to those willing to NOT fuck you as hard.

Is it just the glass, the assembly.... or the side panel with it? Mirrors usually aren't that hard to replace as long as it didn't rip out of the panel or tweaked real hard. There are probably youtube videos instructing how to change it.

It's the mirror assembly. I tweaked it breaking the glass and mold so it's going to need to be a new unit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I'm at work but I can when I get home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

For all those who suggest in case of glass just get the glass. You will often find that isn't available separate. Or if you can the pieces it attaches to aren't sold by anyone. Then again junkyards lol.

@Soulzz Typically it's just a matter of removing the inner door panel and then accessing 2 or 3 bolts up by the corner of the door where the mirror attaches.

You will have to look for a guide on your car. Typically there are a couple of large screws or bolts near the interior door pull. Because a lot of force gets exerted there. The bottom of the panel will usually have a screw or few. The rest of the panel will snap in and you will need to gently yank it. Often the top hangs on either the door metal or their might be a separate plastic piece. Once this is off it will likely reveal the fasteners for the mirror. Be careful and possibly unplug the switched on the door panel so you can set it somewhere.

Just look it up on youtube. It's easy with basic tools.

My GMC had to have a passenger side mirror replaced. GM stuff is pretty easy to deal with. Do it its not hard at all.

Problem solved :p
tmp_8130-94197-2106354301.jpg

Back