Build a Survival Kit: Ideas

Me to always good to have an emergency bag on hand! : )

custom_1241566440413_pothead.jpg

You'd be fucked if you ever got stuck out in the wilderness; o

Well, after being forced to be in said situation here is what I had/ have in my "GTFO" Bag.

if you have these items on hand ready to got a moments notice you can survive almost any time you need to get the fuck out.

$300 cash broken bills
Cobra Flash light w/ extra bats.
all weather road flares:
Medkit, with all the fixins'
1 roll of duct tape
2 pairs of woll socks
1 pair of Dress socks
1 extra pair of underwear
1 sewing kit
1 extra Aramid FR tee shirt
1 Watch cap
Mosquito head net
1 set of Hatch Operator gloves
Nail clipper
3x5 of mole skin
space blanket
whistle
12" mini-Kukri
small folding knife
Gerber multi-tool
1 large parafin wax candle
steel canteen cup
Fire starter (swedish fire steel)
50 waterproof matches
15 cotton balls soaked in Vaseline (those fuckers burn for 10 minutes!)
Albacore extra large empty tuna can
small mirror.
=
1 MRE bag with the following:
4 ziplock bags med.
3 large clear trash bags
5 tubes of peanut butter
2 chicken w/ noodle
3 crackers
1 hot sauce
=

Approx 8pints of water
100 Iodine tablets (best thing EVER)
1 old school army poncho
4 feet of Aluminum foil
25' of 550 parachute cord
2 red chem lights
2 green chem lights
1 IR chem light
Signal mirror
Tooth brush.

Garmin Etrax 550 w/ extra Bats.
Head lamp

For self defense:
10x12ga Shotgun shells
1 rat trap (used together as a jerry rigged clarmore)

2 extra loaded mags for my .45.

and it all fits in this bitch:

CBK.509-2T.jpg

i'll take one

custom_1241566440413_pothead.jpg

You'd be fucked if you ever got stuck out in the wilderness; o

I would have to be in the wilderness first before that would be a concern and if my memory servers me right the last time that happen I was 8 years old and in the Cub Scouts so you can understand why I am not to concerned. : )

You say "Survival Pack"... but your not defining survival. Survival of what? Yeah this all works if you're out in the wilderness... but are you going to pack this in with all they gear your already taking out there? (and coming from someone that does SAR most of these items should already be in whatever you are taking with you) Are you going to pack a (as Lex put it) "GTFO" bag into whatever your already taking with you? (Assuming that your in the wilderness voluntarily to begin with, i.e. camping or hiking.) As for being in a vehicle, yeah some of this stuff is useful, cause rule #1 is you don't leave the vehicle unless its absolutely necessary. Now I can see most of these items as being used in a "GTFO" bag as in the shit hit the fan and I need to disappear right now kinda way. In that case why the "locator"? Isn't the point of disappearing to not be found? (yes I realize Lex doesn't have a locator) So before you "make" a survival kit, I guess you need to define what you are trying to survive. Just my .02. Altho I like all the pretty shiny.

You say "Survival Pack"... but your not defining survival. Survival of what? Yeah this all works if you're out in the wilderness... but are you going to pack this in with all they gear your already taking out there? (and coming from someone that does SAR most of these items should already be in whatever you are taking with you) Are you going to pack a (as Lex put it) "GTFO" bag into whatever your already taking with you? (Assuming that your in the wilderness voluntarily to begin with, i.e. camping or hiking.) As for being in a vehicle, yeah some of this stuff is useful, cause rule #1 is you don't leave the vehicle unless its absolutely necessary. Now I can see most of these items as being used in a "GTFO" bag as in the shit hit the fan and I need to disappear right now kinda way. In that case why the "locator"? Isn't the point of disappearing to not be found? (yes I realize Lex doesn't have a locator) So before you "make" a survival kit, I guess you need to define what you are trying to survive. Just my .02. Altho I like all the pretty shiny.

You're right I should have specified. This was meant to be something you would carry in your car at all times for those instances when your car breaks down in the middle of nowhere. They could also be used in case there was an accident. But yah many of these things would also be used to augment camping gear when you specifically know that youre going to be out in the woods or somewhere that is off the beaten path.
The packs are designed like Lex said, a "GTFO" bag, bugout bag, and as i call em, an "oh shit" bag.

You're right I should have specified. This was meant to be something you would carry in your car at all times for those instances when your car breaks down in the middle of nowhere. They could also be used in case there was an accident. But yah many of these things would also be used to augment camping gear when you specifically know that youre going to be out in the woods or somewhere that is off the beaten path.
The packs are designed like Lex said, a "GTFO" bag, bugout bag, and as i call em, an "oh shit" bag.

That's my point exactly, My survival pack was designed with the purpose of an expeditious escape, forced departure etc. My inspiration for the pack was to keep you alive and hidden, in a non-friendly environment or neutral enviroment where there is little to no support network available to directly provide you assistance.

the contents of the bag I listed are a combination of must haves, nice to haves and items I like to include based off of personal technique. Any accoutrement you want to add are based on the environment you live in, where you are stranded or have to "bug out" to, the length of your seperation etc etc.

Based on my personal assessment, the items that I listed in the pack will provide basic items you will and may need for approximately 2 weeks, pending you have a consistent water supply.

For Example:

some massive natural disaster or aircraft crash leaves you about 30 miles away from they nearest support network AND will allow you to bypass massive crowds of people in mass panic, or chaos.

Take for example a movie like war of the worlds(Little ridiculous but hey): Notice all of the fucking people who went to that farry got killed/ disintegrated or eaten?

with my pack, you could have ran away into the woods, and bypassed all of that laser beam non-sense and could have snuck away to a quiet little abandoned country town and let it all blow over, or to plan your next move

Back