Breach release date announced

Soulzz

Founder
Retired Founder
Source: [BREACH] Atomic Drops a Truth Bomb

screenshot-11.jpg

Raleigh, North Carolina – January 14, 2011
Atomic Games, a developer of simulations for US military and intelligence agencies and a pioneer in military action games, announced today it has the certified gold master of Breach for Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. Breach will officially launch on January 26th, 2011 worldwide on both platforms.

Atomic is also detailing the Windows PC version of Breach which will launch in both download form and at major retailers. The Windows PC version will feature support for larger explosions, particle effects and more through NVIDIA® PhysX® technology. It will also feature a higher performance Hardcore Mode for players looking to play the way operatives train. As one final note for Windows PC gamers everywhere, Atomic listened and included dedicated server support, with remote administration.

Breach will cost 1200 Microsoft points through Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 or be available on Windows PC for $19.99. It has been rated “T” for Teen by The Entertainment Software Association.

Breach is unlike any other game. It is the first military shooter to use precise and massive destruction to change the very nature of multiplayer combat. Combined with an advanced cover system where players can use cover even while it is being destroyed around them, Breach enables real-world tactics never possible before now. Breach offers this destruction and active cover system all in a package that costs less than US$20.00.

Thank you Soulzz for reminding us. I will definitely check this one out.

...all in a package that costs less than US$20.00.
Unfortunately, that might just kill it. Way back when I was fixing home PC's as a side job/hobby, people were not the least bit interested in fair and efficient pricing... However, when I began to charge $150 an hour, I actually wound up with many more jobs than I could find time to visit.

Charge lees than $20 for a great game and people are either going to piss and moan about all the things the game doesn't have, or they will simply overlook it because the corporate gaming world has programmed most of us to look for that $50+ mark of respect that any "good" game is measured by.

Personally, I'm looking wayyyyyyy forward to it! I just ordered a couple $20 games last night from Direct2Drive and I can't wait to get some homework done so I can piss away the rest of the weekend on the best $40 I've spent in awhile. :)

Buying a game for cheap is different then working for $150/hour. Usually, games that are priced around $20-$30 end up selling just as many units as the higher price competition, and end up being more enjoyable, without breaking the wallet.

Buying a game for cheap is different then working for $150/hour. Usually, games that are priced around $20-$30 end up selling just as many units as the higher price competition, and end up being more enjoyable, without breaking the wallet.
Well, I'll be somewhat optimistic and hope it works out this way. The more popular a game is, the more opportunities there are to experience it in many different ways!

might do a server for this, if it turns out well.

You can see some footage on main page here

[BREACH]
It's [ America's Army Official Website ] with partially destructible environment... Wonder if this is where the AA dev's went off to after the Army gave it to 'em with no vaseline. I also wonder how accurate the weapon damage is. Seemed like an awful lot of spray and pray. But, most games since the original Castle Wolfenstein seem that way to me.

WOOOOOO!!!!!!! FINALLY!

Dude I have been following this for ever! I cannot wait till this shit gets released its gonna be sick

I wasn't planning on purchasing any more game titles until BF3 was released but for under $20 bucks on PC, I may just have to get this one when it's released.

Meh, actually I thought I was looking at a different game, lol.

it looks okay. we will have to see. It thougt the Thread was for Brink, not breach.

Back