Borderlands

Ok I bought it today and will be playing to level up... any particular player type needed?

nope no particular type there farstar. just pick whatever you like.

I love this game. I will be purchasing it as soon as I get some money.

I'm saying it's well worth it. I would recommend pirating it if your unsure that you'll like it. Then buy it if you like it.

I bought it for $34 on steam 4-pack preorder and I'm EXTREMELY satisfied so far. I haven't been so addicted to a game for a long time... and the art style / audio is AMAZING (with the exception of Soulzz' character when he rages lmfao).

I've only played for a few hours but the game is phenomenal so far. I know you say you didn't like Fallout 3 HeatSurge but this game is very similar in just about every aspect.

I hated the gunplay in fallout. It felt terrible to shoot guns in that one for some reason. This feels vastly superior...

Soldier, jump in my channel when you're on and I'll play with you if you want?

Um... I was fiddling with framerates and such today and I noticed that this game rapes some processor core ass!

I mean, on my dual-core opteron (athlon64 really) at 2.7ghz, the usage was above 95% continuously on BOTH cores while walking around, driving OR just looking at the sky.

I'm extremely interested in what the usage is on 4 cores and/or higher frequency. Can anyone with a badmutha system (aka i7 920 or higher), preferably overclocked to 3.5ghz or higher, run around in the main area with task manager open (ctrl+alt+del), and post a screenshot of the core usage (from task manager) right after they quit the game (print screen + paste in paint and save)?

Surprisingly, this game might be heavily CPU limited... and is making me think I really need a new cpu/mobo/memory o_0...

It might have something to do with the porting - I remember Assassin's creed was also a CPU-heavy game. The minimum requirement was a dual-core CPU for the PC port.

ive got a 3GHz phenom II. havent overclocked it yet but i can play around with it. i can easily run 4 clients at once. i can run 5 but the 5th one starts to make me lose some fps.

I'll take a look when I get home today. I'm running an i7 920 at 4 GHZ with 6GB of DDR3 1600.

o_0?! It looks really low compared to mine (I'll post a screenshot in a bit).

A few questions:
1. Do you run everything on/high/af16?
2. What video card do you have, what resolution do yo play at and do you run vsync on?

It might actually be the memory... on my computer it just uses 1GB, so maybe it's constantly caching in/out textures/geometry or something whereas on yours it just loads everything.

I guess the other explanation is that your one i7 core at 4ghz is worth 2 of mine at 2.7ghz and 4 of Fritoz' Phenom cores at 50% (he just told me his uses 50% across all 4 cores too).

Pretty interesting though. I don't know if it's an unreal engine thing and/or a "poor" port, but it's the first game (after GTA IV) that I've seen that rapes CPU time evenly across all cores that much...

This is just walking/driving around the "Arid Badlands" (beginning) area.

I need a new CPU...

cpu.png

Yes I run everything on High at 16x AF and Vsync enabled. Resolution is 1680 x 1050 on 2 EVGA GTX 260 Core 216s in SLI and the game runs smooth as butter.

I never realized it was choking on the CPU side before on mine... oh well.

Back