BF5 set in WWI?

a friend showed me that, seems like clickbait because they're basing that on how a retail employee categorized it. Thanks to a retail employee, I get a 20% discount on "sativa Saturdays" on a hybrid strain because it was categorized wrong as a sativa but I'm not going to complain to them. Also the video has little to do with the article, seems like it was made awhile ago, and there's the question some have asked: how would DICE/EA cater to noobs who rely on lockon weapons in a WWI setting?

I too doubt it's true

Last edited:
There would be no money in WW1. WW2 yes if it's done right. But I believe BF is strictly modern. But im hoping bloody futuristic with a gunship that played same way as 2142. That goes back long way.

Yes, I hope they have a "2143" style game. They hinted at it in Final Stand.

If they drop all those hints, the hover tank, the little jet bot thing, and the maps. They better do something with it.

I heard WW3 Japan

That rumor was from a while back, The official press release should be this month from what I have heard, that should give us the first screen caps and the theme of the game.

I'm glad kids aren't asking for "dino mode" anymore although their persistence was enough to get DICE to put a hanging figure of a dino in a rearview mirror in Campaign mode, plus the megalodon in Paracel Storm, and T. Rex sound in Rogue Transmission.

...just eat some dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets

I know Rogue has a tree move while the T Rex roars, but the Rex itself isn't seen. Golmud has one too?

WWII or a new 2142 styled BF would be awesome. But it won't ever be WWI, as much as I'd love a sweet WWI game, it just doesn't make sense for BF. If anyone here IS interested in a WWI game that looks very promising check out http://www.verdungame.com/ . WWI is such an interesting period for an FPS game. But it doesn't mix with the style of BF well in my opinion. It's a very niche gaming market and usually something history buffs would buy into, rather than the average consumer.

nothing says "block buster title" like stagnated trench warfare and bolt action rifles.

nothing says "block buster title" like stagnated trench warfare and bolt action rifles.

And mercilessly putting to death all the horses that get exhausted while hauling your artillery that you're going to launch gas with.

Just what the BF series needs is some poison gas attacks... Although an artillery barrage might be worth seeing.

None the less, there is already an WWII game being produced on the Unreal 4 Engine that everyone is hyped about.

Back