BF3 Conquest default map?

CptnHardcore09

I cant seem to find any threads about the default map for the BF3 conquest server. I know that if the server drops below a certain amount of players when transitioning to a DLC, it reverts back to Firestorm. However, this has the potential to get quite annoying, particularly because of the size of the map. It gets frustrating when we transition from firestorm to (insert other vanilla map here)...but when the map vote ends and the next map is, for example, Sharqui Penninsula or Sabalan pipeline... and players leave in mass due to either a base rape, or hacker, it reverts to Firestorm...which does not help the server grow because Firestorm isnt really one of the more attractive vanilla maps considering the low player count. This causes a deadly revolving door for the server where Firestorm is played 80% of the time.

May I recommend changing the default map to something like Seine, or Demavand Peak? I believe Demavand Peak would be a better option due to these reasons:

When the server is low on players, there is a higher chance of a spawn trap/cap out. Demavand offers multiple avenues to escape, such as a helicopter, or wide spawn exit. However Seine, there are only three avenues from each spawn, and they are all on the ground. Plus if you have even somewhat of a decent tank player on Seine, you're pretty much screwed.

Players like action, not driving or running aimlessly across the map just to HOPE to find one of two enemies that are not sitting AFK in spawn.

Maybe even add some close quarters maps? Armored Kill and endgame maps get mixed reception based on the chat while in game...

Food for thought.

I completely agree. Thank you for the post I iave been meaning to convey the same opinion.

It used to on the peak map in the mornings and struggled. After I manually change to a map that has jets and helos (like firestorm), it would see a quicker rate of players joining so the trend I noticed: It should be a map that has air vehicles.

Seine is all ground, not ideal to get players in. They get bored and leave, longer to get it going.

It used to on the peak map in the mornings and struggled. After I manually change to a map that has jets and helos (like firestorm), it would see a quicker rate of players joining so the trend I noticed: It should be a map that has air vehicles.

Seine is all ground, not ideal to get players in. They get bored and leave, longer to get it going.
Could you just set it to randomize defaults? It sucks when the count it low and it turns every other map into Firestorm

I cannot randomize it no. When the player count goes to X, it reverts back to the vanilla maps again. You have to select a base start up map.

Back