BF3 Color Tweaker for All Maps

Smoke782

BF3 Colour Tweaker - Realmware BF3 Tools

Not sure if anyone has heard of this. I thought it was pretty cool so id figured i'd share it with you guys. It allows you to edit the Battlefield 3 game files by tweaking the colour and lighting settings for each map. So you can make the maps far more vibrant and sharp. Although they said it may have an issue with punkbuster. One of my buddies used it and made the maps look even more amazing. They have a few cool utilities too.

waiting for a word on dice on this one, one of their employees said its illegal in his eyes

He is just mad cause some kid can code shit better than him though.

LOL, exactly! So does this "upgrade" just adjust colors? I don't think it will be legal for long, someone will find a way to use it as an advantage.

The settings editor they do is amazing too; if only they'd update the damn thing.

Some utility for a game which is not officially moddable, which modifies game files or injects code in memory in a hacking-protected and heavily regulated multiplayer game? Seems legit...

If it's not banned now it will be banned soon. Don't be stupid :) . Games like BF3 aren't meant to be modified in any way.

What makes this especially shitty is that if there are obvious problems in a game, they can't be fixed by the community when everything is simply "closed."

There are supposedly 2 different versions of it. There is one which modifies the map files and removes the "blue tint" then there is another version which includes a damage modifier and a bunch of other no-no's. The DICE employee was referring to the 2nd one not the first.

I personally wouldn't run anything that modifies game files on a non-moddable game :) .

I personally wouldn't run anything that modifies game files on a non-moddable game :) .

I agree 100%. I've said it in the past, why take the risk? You'll be the douche trying to explain how you got PB Banned because you were trying to make the game look better.

Yeah i doubt i would use it anyway, it looked kinda cool so i figured id see if anyone heard of it before. It def looks better without the tint though. Wish there was a legit way of fixing it.

I'm running it. Just being up front. I'm not sure it does anything in Metro, I still notice a blue tint.

On the CQ maps, the difference is night and day.

Sigh. That comment was retracted off of Twitter. The amount of false information floating around is amazing. Removing the blue tinge is no different than using the in game menu to raise the brightness. The Realmware tool offers no access to anything that would give the player any sort of in game advantage. AT ALL. It's the other method that will trigger MD5 tool checks and could be used inappropriately. If Evenbalance bans for this, then they need to reeavaluate their stance as an anti cheat organization.

From what I have read Carp it only works on certain maps or I believe someone said vanilla maps only.

From what I have read Carp it only works on certain maps or I believe someone said vanilla maps only.

The Realmware one was updated to include the vanilla maps. Supposedly. I grabbed it, but haven't noticed any change.

two words.. Simply amazing. This literally makes it look like a new game, it makes the gameplay 10 times better.

Once I figured out that Metro has three tick boxes on the lower right which accesses the metro, park and city...everything works beautifully. I ONLY use the "color grading" part...taking the tick out of the box.

Bingo! New game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I have been using BF3 FXAA Injector. It just makes the whole game pop out. never had any issues with pb and what not. check it out on youtube!

I just saw this over on PC Gamer:

Colour-tweaking mods have become fairly popular over the last few years, as visual filters degrade what could be beautiful environments for the sake of authenticity or style. In a game like Fallout, rectifying the game’s very green visuals is as simple as installing the Fellout mod; try that in Battlefield 3 and you risk having your account banned, over fears that it gives an unfair advantage. Well, DICE have finally seen sense, revealing that the game’s next update will add “a console command for disabling the color grading entirely in the game”, meaning that such mods should now be unnecessary.
As discovered by PCGamesN on the MordorHQ forums, EA Dice staffer Mikael Kalms said that “there will be a console command for disabling the color grading entirely in the game included with the next PC game client update. We believe that turning it off gives no major competitive advantage/disadvantage.”
However, he did go on to reveal that the “IRNV scope and a few others which turn the image into greyscale or greenscale don’t work properly without color grading and will look real ugly,” and also that “there will be no in-game UI for turning it on/off”, so you will have to rely on console commands to achieve the desired effect. Still, you can now pretty up your game without risking a ban, so it’s a minor victory for common sense. You can see pics of what BF3 looks like without colour grading here (achieved via this mod), which is where we grabbed the image for this post.

Battlefield 3 colour grading can now be turned off in options

Well holy shit. Before you think that console commands dont stick it is actually possible to put console commands into a config for bf3 ill do a how to later if needed.

Back