BF:BC2 patch

sixer9682

I saw on BFBC2's twitter page that they have a patch coming out today. They said "soon", but I've read forums where others are saying it's patching itself when you log in. I've never seen any BF game do that, but it would be a nice touch if true.

PC Beta Patch is coming very soon addressing Server Browser crash and other issues.

http://twitter.com/OfficialBFBC2

Auto patch confirmed: The patch successfully deployed, just start the game & it will patch automatically.

<table id="post12495580" class="tborder" width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="thead" style="font-weight: normal; border-width: 1px 0px 1px 1px; border-style: solid none solid solid; border-color: transparent -moz-use-text-color transparent transparent;">
post_new.gif
Today, 05:14 PM <!-- / status icon and date --> </td> <td class="thead" style="font-weight: normal; border-width: 1px 1px 1px 0px; border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: transparent transparent transparent -moz-use-text-color;" align="right"> #1 (permalink) </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td class="alt2" style="border-width: 0px 1px; border-style: none solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color transparent;" width="175"> Bazajaytee
DICE

</td> <td class="alt1" id="td_post_12495580" style="border-right: 1px solid transparent;"> <!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif
New Client
<hr style="color: transparent; background-color: transparent;" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> A new BFBC2 PC Beta client is on its way.
Don't worry it is a new painless process and will not be a massive 1.4Gb download again.
Watch this space for information on fixes and how to go about getting the RC2 Client.

The RC2 contains the following fixes:

Front end:
Fixes server browser crashes. Server browser more resilient against corrupt online service data, and better support for large number of servers.
Several server browser ping issues resolved.

Windows XP stability:
Fixed crash on windows XP at end of round, exit game and display mode changes and.
Proper window style / mouse confinement when starting game maximized on XP .

Options dialog:
Mouse sensitivity setting gives more effect.
Mouse sensitivity loaded on game startup.

The update to RC2 will be 8.4Mb

When you next start BFBC2 you should get this message (Steam users can update through Steam).
</td></tr></tbody></table>http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc-beta/881193-new-client.html

it auto updated now my game wont even open. Says an error has encountered.

100k accounts in 21 hours? That's a LOT...

Rc - I see you have gone with the cuban revolutionary theme
kinda makes you feel a little extra bad-ass huh?

Only downside is the miami guys keep trying to say shit to me in spanish - don't spaek a word really

Yeh, same. Getting through steam was worth it. Auto updating was easy and painless, downloaded and patched it all automatically. ;D

They should be doing nightly builds... it's a beta.

But I guess it's not really a "real" beta seeing as so many people are playing it.

Oh well.

Not for us. Would be a waste of time and money I would think. For them, absolutely.

is there a way to tell what version you are on?

also, the BETA on the top of the screen is pissing my plasma off :(
i have to go play on my tiny 23" now :<(

Back