bf 3 ping limits

Raisinless

whats the ping limit on bf3 conquest omfg... mfrs are over 288 at times can you all set it at like 200 and not OVER 200

There is no set ping limit. it is more of a plugin that monitors the averages. Also it is turned off during certain hours to allow other countries to play.

It is set at 200. And it doesn't instantly kick you for being over 200.

If you were spiking briefly for a few minutes pinging close to 250 and got booted out, wouldn't that bother you?

If you have been pinging over 200 for a good solid 5 minutes, yes it will be boot you.

Fast theres ppl well over 200 in here 285,220,266 and thats threw the whole map.. and when they kill you and you watch threw the kill cam threw floating on air..and like know theres a high ping Dnag at 255 level 4 in first place 23-9 with a play time of 45 hours

If the ping limit is set at 200, I don't think it's working properly. I see people at 250, even 300, play entire rounds. Multiple rounds. They are not getting kicked. And when you have half the server pinging at 150+ it gets unbearable.

If the ping limit is set at 200, I don't think it's working properly. I see people at 250, even 300, play entire rounds. Multiple rounds. They are not getting kicked. And when you have half the server pinging at 150+ it gets unbearable.

As mentioned above, please provide me with names. I'm seeing the logs and it is booting everyone not meeting the ping criteria. So going back and forth here without names doesn't really help.

I don't really like naming names, because this is about the game and not certain people. But here goes. Just in this match, people significantly over 200:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/1/91558517/246433638/

This does not include several who were pinging just above 200 the whole round, or the other half of the server pinging near 150. Add all that together and you get lag.

Nico-Rosberggg
q409525995
chinamingwei
BiohazardMza
SARUDE_DANDORM

Sorry about the bold font. I'm not yelling I just copied and pasted and it's a hassle to change it to default.

As an example, your server is very laggy right at the moment. I don't know if this is because the server hasnt had a reset in a while or high pingers or both. But , man it's bad.

Look at that

Playerlist 06/28/2017 00:54:20 PlayerKickedByAdmin KOR-starfish was kicked from the server by an admin
Playerlist 06/28/2017 00:54:20 PlayerDisconnected KOR-starfish disconnected from the server (reason: High ping (201) This is a script)

201 after evaluating the player's ping consistently for a few minutes he was averaging 201 and the logs don't lie.

Nothing wrong with how we run our servers

Matt, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with how you run it. I'm wondering if the software is doing what its supposed to when i see players around 250 for entire matches. And they are not hovering in some sort of range. They are consistently near 250.

Can I ask then, why so many servers cap ping?

Because they are under the impression this prevents "lag" or trying to make other players happy by capping it.

The only thing a high pinger could do is mess up your bullet registration if they are fluctuating in ping and experiencing packet loss.

Back