BF 2 Updates

Homeless

Ok so i was told to update bf 2 via 1.41 then 1.50. 1.41 says update failed everytime i run it, and 1.50 says im already running a newer version everytime i run it. Bf2 on this cpu is a first time install so there it hasnt been patched before. am i grabbing them from the wrong sites or something? any help would be great thanks.

What OS are you using? I can tell you that 1.41 patch is 536mb so you can check and see how big the one you have is. The 1.50 full patch is 1.92 gb

im running windows 7, and those were the sizes of the two patches

try completely unistalling the game. Re-install the 3 C.Ds or steam if you have it. Then apply 1.41 patch and then 1.50 patch.

yeah i uninstalled and reinstalled and the game ran, then i applied the patches. 1.41 says patching failed, and 1.50 says i already have a newer version running. now the game wont run at all

Ok so now both bf 2 and bf2142 are up and runnign with what they need to run with, but now im getting punkbusted for disallowed programs/drivers....fml.....

I know if you are running BF2 through Steam the Steam overlay needs to be disabled or you'll get that same exact kick. Certain versions of Fraps cause the issue as well.

I didnt even know about it, thanks for the link man, much appreciated.....maybe now i can actually play with everyone...haha

Make sure you run the pbsetup.exe as admin or it will not update correctly (sometimes).

how do i disable it?

In case you run Steam, please do the following:

* Open Steam
* Go to File-Settings
* Go to the tab in-game
* Uncheck the "Enable Steam Community In-Game" checkbox
* Press OK
* Restart Steam

ok PB exe has been run and overlay disabled....lets try again....

yea its all working now, but the new problem is when i have my mic on in ts i get no game sound...its odd, ive tried messing with things but then i lose my mic and have to restart everything to get it back.....well at least i can play now...lol

check your sound options should have hardware option as well as others. Just play with them till one works.

Back