• Call of Duty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Call of Duty: World at War

• Call of Duty: Black Ops II

• Total voters

bracketslash

I've played Call of Duty 4 for PC for about a month now, and I'd like to widen my collection.

What other of the Call of Duty series have fun multiplayer?

call_of_duty_4_modern_warfare_2.jpg
call-of-duty-1.jpg
256px-Call_of_Duty_World_at_War_cover.png
call-of-duty-black-ops-2_pc_cover-500x710.jpg

MW1. Last time they bothered with innovation or storytelling.

MW1. Last time they bothered with innovation or storytelling.

I don't have much experience on the PC with games other than Call of Duty 4, but as for console, I do believe Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is the best also. It's a simple game with all of the right pieces. It'd be nice to see new maps created so that we could get a changeup, however!

I've owned all the COD games except BLOPS 2 - they get progressively worse from a multiplayer view.

COD4: Great maps, excellent game mechanics, and anyone can play it IF they tweak their settings.
And, the most important, dedicated servers.

WaW: Great concept, but sadly people just weren't as interested in a ww2 game. Zombies is the biggest thing it had going for it.

MW2: This is where the stupidity of no scoping, and broken knifing started. The knifing in this game worked like the beam sword in Halo. Stupid.
A lot of fun maps, but the design screamed of being a port from the console version. First game to use VAC (Valve Anti cheat) instead of Punk Buster. Worthless.

Black Ops: Lots of improvements here. Great game. The maps were good, but often had stupid glitches. Like bullet proof palm tree leaves, or little rocks you could get stuck on. Knifing wasn't QUITE so broken, but still pretty bad. Oh, and at least there was dedicated server support.
Also, uses VAC - so hackers can have a hey day if you don't have a dedicated server with an Admin.

MW3. I don't even know how to describe it. I feel like I'm playing a childrens game that requires almost no skill. There is no advantage to working the angles. Knowledge of maps makes minimul impact. Again, VAC only. So hackers get to have a party.

Some of you may differ from me on these opinions, but I find it very hard to recommend any of the COD games after 4.

World at War is my second favorite on Xbox 360. Would you recommend getting it or not?

On a side note, what tweaks can you recommend for Call of Duty 4?

I'll put together a list of how to's and tweaks and post it in the COD4 forum a bit later today, maybe over my lunch break.

mw2 was by far the most fun i ever had on a cod, played it competitively for 2 years.. second place comes cod4.

Bracket, I have that post up in the cod forum.

cod 4 mod warfare and cod 5 world at war. That's all she wrote!

Back