Battlefield V Closed Alpha

It's in your ear account settings. I had also posted a link to a Twitter giveaway that was handing keys out like candy. That's how I got mine.

So far the closed alpha has proven very promising. I love the new recoil mechanics.

DONT PRE_ORDER it only emboldens EA/DICE to release a sub-par game in the beginning.
Say no to EA/DICE's shenanigans. Im still going to buy it during Thanksgiving sale for 39.99.
HOOYAH!!!!!!

Got mine today! Probably not going to buy the game. But since the beta is free I'll see what the hubbub is all about.

I Pre-ordered and got my alpha key today also. I skipped BF1 entirely, so I'm hoping this will get me excited for the game.

Definitely a different game. I would have recommended trying the Alpha or open beta before pre -ordering. I have a feeling a lot of people are either going to love or hate this with no in between.

Aww...looks like no Battlefield V for me after all. The game requires nvidia driver 397.64 or higher, but after some research today I've learned that the new drivers do not support my old GTX 580 card. I know the next generation of Nvidia cards is imminent, so I'll have to sit this one out until I upgrade my video card.

For all that have the invitation, have fun and enjoy the alpha!

Aww...looks like no Battlefield V for me after all. The game requires nvidia driver 397.64 or higher, but after some research today I've learned that the new drivers do not support my old GTX 580 card. I know the next generation of Nvidia cards is imminent, so I'll have to sit this one out until I upgrade my video card.

For all that have the invitation, have fun and enjoy the alpha!

I'm sure someone in this clan full of nerds has an extra GPU they can give you. If not I'll start a GoFundMe page to upgrade it.

That's very kind of you to say, but I"ll just upgrade soon. I don't want to be a burden on anyone, but thanks for your thoughtfulness.

So far, I'm not impressed. It doesn't feel like battlefield. It still has quirky shit like getting stuck on random objects on the map...like the road :( My rifle has disappeared several times, and other times, my crosshairs. So far, at least with the Alpha, it's been a COD type campfest which is just not appealing. Oh, and when the the game's not crashing, it's crashing Windows 10. :( :(

That said, the random bullet deviation bullshit is gone so you hit what you aim at, which is nice. The movement feels fluid most times, butthe planes fly like bricks. IDK so far my initial impressions aren't that favorable.

I just tried to play. Everybody one one team and no ability to switch. I know it's just the alpha but it appears they can't even get the basics right.

I just tried to play. Everybody one one team and no ability to switch. I know it's just the alpha but it appears they can't even get the basics right.
Here's the part that gets me....this is essentially the same fucking graphics engine they used in everything since BC2 and how many other games??? And you can't even get basic functionality to work? lol Oh, and the parachutes don't work either that I've seen.

Well, I did play some more and had fun doing it despite the 8 fuckers camped in every damn hole they could possibly hide inside of. I wish there was more destructibility.

So apparently they didn't really update much compared to the first alpha, other than a TTK change. So all the bugs from the first alpha were there. Should probably wait for the "beta" aka promo demo to make any decision if you are on the fence about it.

Edit: first alpha was just a slightly modified e3 build, making this build months old now.

Back