Battlefield V - Black Friday Sale

JoeLeb

Admin
Admin
Hi everyone.

Just curious if anyone still plays Battlefield V, or has that ship sailed for everyone. It's on sale today for Black Friday for 18.71 instead of 51.99. Do any of you guys still tear it up togther like you did when it was released? I recently won an EVGA 1660 card, so I can finally play BFV if that's something you guys still do. I haven't seen any posts or videos from you guys in a while.

@Howitzer @sixer9682 @0perator7 @Avery78 @SgtDeadred

I play it. I have Origin access. Get that game and many more. I'm running a ASUS 2080. I personally like playing the campaign modes on all games if possible. It's how I learn the game.

Personally.. they are getting ready to screw up the game again. Around February, they will revert it back to the way it is now because of all of the complaining. They are increasing the time to kill again to make it easier for the new players and adding some kind of automatic spotting feature. I WILL quit playing when the next patch is released (a week or two?). I am 25/75 upon returning (25% to return) after the revert.

Right now.. it is a decent game but not too many of us play.

I think the guys you mentioned are playing either GTA or RDR2.

how are you liking the 1660???.....was thinking about using it for a couple of up coming builds....

I have Bf5 , its decent fun haven't really played it in a bit , Congrats on your Win :)

Last edited:
how are you liking the 1660???.....was thinking about using it for a couple of up coming builds....

I like it a lot. It's pretty low in the pecking order of graphics cards, but I was still using a GTX-580 from 2011, so it was a sweet jump in performance and quality. It's quiet, overclocked easily, and is perfectly fine for browsing and 1080 gaming. If you want to run a higher resolution and refresh rate, it would show it's limits, but for me it's been awesome so far. I won it during a live PAX West broadcast in a random giveaway, so I was delighted for the free upgrade.

There is now an upgraded version, as well as the RTX cards if Ray Tracing is your thing. But for now, my GTX 1660 should hold me over for a little while yet.

Last edited:
i looked in to it last night after posting.....turns out the 1660 regular is 10% better then a 6gb 1060....so MASSIVE upgrade over the GTX580 you were running(killer card back in the day)....but i am starting to see from a money stand point the cards are not worth the asking price......right now i can get tons of used 1070's for about the same price and in bench testing and even gaming the 1070 is running almost 20% better in most games....(bummer as i was hoping the new cards were better and a real upgrade over the 10 series).....

If you like to stream your game play, the new GTX 1660 series as well as the RTX cards have a better video encoder. Plus, the new cards come bundled with free games and have a full warranty, so there's that. Also if you buy from EVGA, you can step up your card to a better one in the first 90 days. Plus they overclock really nice too, but like anything, your mileage may vary. :) The 10 series cards are still very solid and are holding their own nicely as well.

Just in case you missed my earlier posts, if you ever shop at the EVGA webstore, I have a discount code that will save you 10 percent on most hardware, even items already on sale. On graphics cards, I think it's a 5 percent discount. Feel free to use it or pass it on to your friends if they buy from www.evga.com Just apply this code to your cart for the discount.

XX95PJN1T76IONP

I jumped from a GTX 770 to an RTX 2080. What a difference. My grandfather told me early on in life "Anthony, always buy the best tools for the job because in the end they will reward you"

@JoeLeb Hey man, just seeing this. Op7, Sixer, and I have all migrated into Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption 2. Occasionally I jump into BF1, and I'd play it more often if anybody else still played. I can't see myself returning to BFV ever.

Still play... ,but only the (2) Pacific Maps because they remind me so much of the great, sandbox maps that we used to have in older BF games.

The reasons I don't play the previous Eastern maps anymore is because
1) Other than the Arras map, pretty bad visibility with excessive haze and lack of war aesthetics.
2) Very Small maps that is mostly infantry and other maps cater too much to Snipers
3) I fly 40-50% of the time, and those maps make it very unfair for pilots. At least in the Pacific I can fight back cheese with Cheese. ( Plane's Incendiary shells/bombs vs ground Fliegerfaust launchers) - But man o man Breakthrough mode on Pacific really shines so well.
4) Too many Bombers - but I know Dice will F it up and add large Bombers in the PAcific real soon - sigh

BUT, after today's patch everything can change... for the worse. I have yet to try it out but from the videos I've seen it starting to look pretty bad.

Thanks to everyone for voicing their opinion on BFV. I appreciate you all for taking the time to reply.

Last edited:
I left a message on the Battlefield forums yesterday basically saying goodbye and that they had lost a customer over this change. I will just have to start playing BF4 or BF1 again if I need a fix.

Back