Battlefield 3 revealed

Soulzz

Founder
Retired Founder
Battlefield Blog

This is it! We are very excited to announce the first details on Battlefield 3 and to kickstart the preorders for the Limited Edition!

Battlefield 3 is the true successor to Battlefield 2. Beyond our signature multiplayer, we have also included a full single-player campaign and a co-op campaign – all straight out of the box. As for fan favorite features, how does the return of jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer (on PC) sound? All this built with our powerful new game engine Frostbite 2, which you'll hear and see a lot of in the months leading up to launch. For the full reveal on Battlefield 3, stay tuned for links to our cover stories hitting the gaming press throughout February, starting with Game Informer right now.
---------

I'm genuinely surprised.

It looks good so far....but will it prove to be? If its truly based off of like BF2, I want to see some new game modes beyond conquest. New, ORIGINAL, game modes. And jets need to be more balanced.

I'm just amazed it's 64 players. I thought for sure it would be 32. I'm still not going to pre-order.

Me neither. Perhaps they will think to create high-end dedicated servers for this? So we can perhaps do something about lag?

I'm liking this idea of a new single player campaign, especially co-op (they need to allow that in PC)...as long as it doesn't turn out to be simply thrown on like it has been, or isn't a copy of COD.

Prone has surely been missed in most of the new FPS, I'm glad it did not go away in BF3 :)

So far the only good flying vehicle is the UH-1; but the hit box is crazy. I hope the figure some shit out on BF3. This is going to be a big jump for most.

This means I'm going to do what I've been doing....
Download the game on release then play it to see if I want to buy it.

I did that with Need For Speed and I'm glad I did, cause the game was an utter failure.

Pre-order if you want, but, regardless of the game, you should always do research before you buy. Common sense.

If it doesn't have first person spectate, fail. Glad to see 64 player support, could give a fuck about prone and aircraft.

I'm going to love having 31 snipers all laying down to help me take objectives. /sarcasm

There are so many vaginas in video games these days.

Back