Battlefield 2142 1.51 Update

Soldier4Real

Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon.

2142 Update 1.51 <hr style="color: transparent; background-color: transparent;" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Battlefield 2142 update 1.51 is still in development, however the programmer required to finish the update is busy working with the team on finalising Battlefield Bad Company 2. Once BFBC2 is complete we will get the programmers time to finish the final bug fixes on Battlefield 2142.

Things we have left to address before release are:
  • Dedicated servers are listening on all ports for VoIP instead of the one port defined in serversettings.con
  • Running more than one server on a machine causes each connection to the additional servers to slow client loading. It can take up to 1 hour before the map loads.

These are bugs introduced in 1.51 changes and not existing bugs in 1.50 but we have to fix these before release.
As well as the update we will have the programmer create a new Battlefield 2142 Deluxe with 1.51 included for release on digital distribution systems beyond EA Download Manager. This will happen after 1.51 has been completed and released though.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-2142/871946-2142-update-1-51-a.html

Even after all this time, it's ridiculous that they have ONE guy working on the patch for quite a sizable game.

After BC2? I think that just might be a little too late.

I wouldn't be surprised if they delayed the PC version of BC2 further as well.

Fix a problem create 2 more. The lovely world of programing. Be nice if they came out with 2143 and just copied the game and did fixes and add some new maps/weapons. I would pay the 59.99 for it if they fixed up them bugs.

Translation = EA is not going to spend a fucking penny on 2142 now or anytime soon, buy Bad Company 2 and thanks for playnig

Translation = EA is not going to spend a fucking penny on 2142 now or anytime soon, buy Bad Company 2 and thanks for playnig

It's managed by EA. If you want a PC game that is going to be supported forever, Valve and Blizzard are pretty much the only companies that do that. Yes, BF2142 is very buggy and glitchy, however, you have to remember that even if the 2142 patch comes out this month, it's not really going to matter. BF:BC2 comes out in less then 3 months. I'm not saying it's going to be without bugs or glitches, however, I think it will be a step up from DICE's past releases. That's just my thoughts.

I can only hope that they continue to support the game after release. That would definitely get them lots of good PR.

As far as EA goes, and any game developer/publisher for that matter, they want money. I personally don't think EA is nearly greedy as Activision -- Prime Example: MW2.

The things I have noticed about a few developers as of late is their use of Twitter to communicate with the fans.

I'll copy and paste some of what they have posted on Twitter:

L_Twin
Guys/girls, we're working together with Valve to get a BFBC2 pre-order program going on Steam, hope we officially can announce this soon.

Most of the information they have posted regarding PC and Console info has been through Twitter.

lets see, spend time on a game that will bring you revenue, or spend time on a 4 yr old game and thats free - thought by EA management :)

I think it would of been better idea to spend time and finish up 2142 (a way of marketing i guess) and then lead the same consumers into bad company. You want your shit in the spotlight till the new installement comes out. But i guess they want bad company done first.

Yea, that would have been nice, but you have to figure budgets, especially in a recession as bad as this one.

Back