Banned 24/7 MIXED TITANS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownJenkin

1) 24/7 MIXED TITANS

2) March 24th - not certain of exact time, but it was later evening probably after 7pm central. Sorry I can't be specific here.

3) I have no idea who might have banned me. I assumed because of the circumstances that it was an auto ban for tking.

4) Not sure why. I always follow server rules. I assumed because of the circumstancces that it was possibly an auto ban for tking.

The map was Suez. I was having a horrible game and my team was being put down time and again. We had 2 spawn points available outside of our base/titan and held no silos. One was an APC near silo 2 where most of our team was headed. The other was a transport landed at silo 3. I chose the latter to spawn as Engi with a pilum. Immediately on spawn I was taking fire and had warning sound for the transport about to blow. I jumped out and was facing the silo spawned FAV with an enemy firing so I fired my pilum from the hip. Before my shot even registered the world exploded. The transport blew up and the FAV blew up with me wedged between the two. Before the timer for respawn finished I lost connection and was given a message that I was banned by a server admin or for excessive teamkilling.

I've played 2142 for years and know that the game sometimes assigns kills to the last person (or I expect even randomly to those in the blast radius) who is in or leaves a transport for "roadkills" or blast kills arising from the destruction of a vehicle - in essence assigning tks for one of the passengers. Because I didn't break any server rules and because of the timing of my ban I assume I was the unlucky sod who was awarded these kills and so was auto banned for tks. I did not tk and certainly not intentionally tk anyone.

I would appreciate an unban so I can return to the 24/7 MIXED TITAN server. Let me know if I need to give you any other information. Thank you.

BrownJenkin

The admin who banned you will be replying soon. In the meantime, please be patient ;).

you were caught pod surfing more than twice....hence you got banned. I did not ban you so i won't do anything with your ban unless the admin who banned you wants it removed. If nobody comes forward in a couple of days ill remove it.

I don't pod surf and never have. The admin was mistaken. If you've played the game you know you can control your pods with the movement keys. This is a game mechanic that was intended by EA.

Yes you are correct, its flying across the map is what is wrong. That was not intended for game.

I did not fly across the map. Please explain what I did. How far did I go and from what did I pod? I think you are mistaken normal movement for pod surfing.

I haven't seen anyone pod-surfing since 1.5... could have been spawning on a beacon or jumping out of a high-flying transport?!??

Not to hijack the thread, but it's possible even since 1.5 with the adjustment of some control options. You can go pretty much anywhere across the map. I've been on other clan servers where their members did this routinely.

i banned someone for pod surfing the other day. i was in a dog fight outside silo one when a pod came flying across my screen and killed my prey--from the side.... then from my eu titan i was lining up a pot shot on a incoming air trans at silo 2 (towards my titan), when a pod came sideways from silo 4.

we can start reviewing your PB screens, but i dont think i was seeing things. thenecron1337 was my gunner and saw it too and lolled (sorry if i got the screen name spelled wrong).

maybe try not surfing? dunno

I will say it again....I do not, nor have I ever pod surfed.

Your description of events isn't coherant enough for me to understand what you are talking about. I routinely pod onto enemy transports and gunships, launching from my titan when they are in range. A more detailed description from you about where you were in relation to the enemy titan or APC (in range of titan-height podding) would help.

You are aware that on Suez your titan pod can launch to slightly past silo 2? Or that on the reverse team you can launch a titan pod slightly past silo 1 and slightly short of silo 3? These examples are NOT pod surfing.

I will bet you anything that, if you have not mistaken me for some other player, you were within those boundaries, weren't you?

Review everything...hell, I'm wishing you have battlerecorder going so there won't be any possibility of missing just how mistaken you are.

I can add that, with an EU APC parked in the dry canal, you can pod past silo 5 and into silo 4. And with a PAC APC, depending where you park it, you can pod to 5 or between 3 and 4.

So, you can easily pod onto GS and trannies that way, I know I do it and it's all legit, no surfing involved.

I hope this helped clarify stuff.

Brown, you have been unbanned. I spoke with roth, and we both agreed to the unban.

I still don't get it, I use the pod to kill GSs all the time. Transports too.

[quote1238207654=BrownJenkin]

You are aware that on Suez your titan pod can launch to slightly past silo 2? Or that on the reverse team you can launch a titan pod slightly past silo 1 and slightly short of silo 3? These examples are NOT pod surfing.

[/quote1238207654]

thanks for telling me how pods work on suez. i never learned that for myself in the last 1110 hours (737 on suez) of 2142 i've played. I hope this reply is coherent enough for you.

<3 roth

thread locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back