Autobalance

MuRDoK

I would like to start off with i enjoy your servers very much..Everyone seems friendly and never any abuse.. But.. Your autobalance is the worst. 3 rounds in a row your server couldn't even get close to balancing it out.. It's very frustrating and you need to look into it. Other servers iv played not ever this bad. If you want your servers to be a place where people come to have a good battle then you will take this post seriously.

Thank you for your time,
MuRDoK

Sometimes people switch back and forth all the time, cause they want to play with friends or they simply dont want to be on the losing team ect.. This is not uncommon. What that does is force autobalance to move people more often then it should, is this what your talking about ?

What exactly is wrong with it? We use a very common autobalance script.

Yes.. And i understand the reason.. But when its way out of balance for 3 full rounds its reaching excessive. Other servers wont allow you to switch while teams are so unbalanced, and for good reason. It's not fun for anyone to have to play from there spawn for over an hr...

We run web based plugin, when the master site is down, most plugins do not work.

Just saying that maybe it needs to be looked into.. Because this is a constant problem on this server.. Which really blows for me cuz i have very good ping and server runs great.. Just wish there were more proxys for keeping the game better balanced, for everyone's enjoyment..

And you have to understand that autobalance just take in account the number of players, not the "effectiveness" of the players. 20 snipers in the base leave 12 attackers against 32..............

lol yes.. I understand that.. But it seems to be more of an issue on your server far more than others.. I mean don't get me wrong, Im still gonna play here.. But it has been a stool pushing all morning. I never switched teams once.. was on same team the entire time.. And we could barely leave our spawn..

This is especially true for Metro, but also valid for any maps.
too many snipers is only one example of "less" effective players,
misused of vehicles, campers are others...
Anyway, my point was that the autobalance cannot take in account the effectiveness or how good players are.

Yes you are correct.. And its a shame that it cant be governed somehow.. And i understand that its gonna be that way at times. But it was excessive this morning. Just wanted to bring to your attention.

wait, are you saying it's 1 sided as in 1 team dominating the other or the player count is off?

Autobalance does not fix teamwork or players' skill on the server. It just tweaks so that the actual player count are the same.

Sorry , i probably wasnt very clear on that. Actual balance has been correct.. The absolute butt rape we got for more than an hr is the problem. And I understand you cant regulate the amount of skill,camping, or just plain bad players. But maybe add even more players to losing teams that are getting crushed.

Back in the TFC days server would balance based on your score.. It would trade 22-5 guy for a 6-17 person.. Hard to imagine there is not a plug in for that.

wait, are you saying it's 1 sided as in 1 team dominating the other or the player count is off?

Autobalance does not fix teamwork or players' skill on the server. It just tweaks so that the actual player count are the same.

Do we use the skill scramble plugin, fasty? This works well in most cases.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

This a thousand times over. When you are on a team that has people that simply refuse to go for objectives and are contempt to put up a bi-pod or grab a sniper rifle this is what happens. In my opinion there should not be an auto balance for such laziness and acceptance of that situation. I am almost positive that there is a scrolling rule that states that if you do not push out of your base whatever happens is not the fault of the winning team but the ineffectiveness of the losing team!

Back