Autobalance

This a thousand times over. When you are on a team that has people that simply refuse to go for objectives and are contempt to put up a bi-pod or grab a sniper rifle this is what happens. In my opinion there should not be an auto balance for such laziness and acceptance of that situation. I am almost positive that there is a scrolling rule that states that if you do not push out of your base whatever happens is not the fault of the winning team but the ineffectiveness of the losing team!
You are correct.. But this isnt a job or real life.. It's a game made specifically for enjoyment purposes.. And the acts of a few lazy people effect the entire team, well then i would call that unbalanced.

Acts of a "few", Its hard to say having fun as being lazy. Some people get different enjoyment out of games then others. Some people dont care about winning or losing they care about kills or head shots or knife stabs ect ect ect.... Not to say that its fair to the person trying to hold flags but its something you will never avoid in any game.

You are correct.. But this isnt a job or real life.. It's a game made specifically for enjoyment purposes.. And the acts of a few lazy people effect the entire team, well then i would call that unbalanced.

Well then as for those that continually push forward to try to gain objectives, it would be unbalanced for them to get stuck with others that have their own agenda as well. If this game was about head shots, knifing, etc. then there would not be any flags, tickets, etc and so on. I am not in the business of arguing, but in this game you lead the way or wait to be lead by others. For a group of people to be balance to a team waiting for a leader is an act of unbalance to that group that worked to help gain objectives.

As far as outdoor maps are concerned, I'm not sure how it'd balance myself, maybe I'm trying to fly the jets which I'm terrible at but on the ground I'm good... People that play aggressive do well, people that sit back usually are detrimental to their team.

Hard to imagine there is not a plug in for that.

There is, and I believe it's already been discussed here in the past: we don't want to enable something like that. The eventual reality of skill balancing is that the teams end up back together the way they were prior to the shuffle as friends all jockey to get back onto the same teams. It doesn't work well, in reality. And for those of us that enjoy playing with our compatriots: it's fookin' annoying as hell to get bounced to another team on mapcycle.

Nyet.

jas

The only answer is to try and get yourself on the other team or as I like to tell anyone who will listen EQUIP SMOKE. I've joined in on absolutely shit teams who are being raped in their uncap and happy to snipe out of it, equipped smoke and walked right out the front door to a different control point. None of these autobalance programs are going to be perfect and most aren't even good, the rub is that there is no way to tell which team is going to be stacked with useless snipers and which is going to be stacked with players.

Back