ATTENTION: 2142 VERSION 1.51 UPGRADE NOTICE

CryptKickR

OK, it seems a few people are having similar issues at different times, so maybe we can get just one thread together for people to give/get advice and to post their problems. This way, all the advice ends up in one place and if anyone else has a problem, they might find a fix here before asking about it.

-

The new patch ( for version 1.51 ) that can be found here for now:
( Thanks, Duke! )
And here:
( Thanks, Fast! )
And also here:
( Thanks, 4players.de! )
And also here:
( Thanks, AusGamers! )
The Beta version of the patch that was released back in December of 2010 is the same version that has been chosen as a final release candidate. That means if you have this version already, or have this version installed already, then you are good to go! No more downloading for you.
If you do not have this version, or have an earlier version ( such as the one released in September of 2010 ) then you need to get the latest version A.S.A.P.
* If you don't like using the Beta version to upgrade, then just wait for the official version of the patch to come out. The official version will be the same as the beta version, it will just have a different file name.

Many people have reported much better success of NOT getting kicked for modified content, etc., after removing their current game and doing a clean install. So, this is highly suggested when you are ready to do your upgrade of the game.
* Better to just do it right the first time rather than to be in a hurry and have it take much longer than it would have to begin with.
According to an old post from Bazajaytee ( from DICE ) over on the EA forums, the best route to follow when upgrading your game is to follow this order of operation:
  1. Battlefield 2142 / Battlefeild 2142 Deluxe
  2. Battlefield 2142 v1.50 FULL
  3. Battlefield 2142 v1.51
* If you have Northern Strike as an expansion pack or additional game add-on, then there is no need to install it separately at this time because it is now included in version 1.51 for everyone.

* Bazajaytee's thread on the EA forums can be found here: Battlefield 2142 v1.51 Installation - Electronic Arts UK Community

Some people need to upgrade their game to 1.50 again ( after a fresh install ) before they can upgrade it to 1.51. Well, you are in luck because you can find the 1.50 patch here at EA's very own file collection: Index of /pub/patches/BF2142/1.50
Important: Make sure that you select the correct file ( BF2142_Update_1.50.exe, 30-May-2008 14:51, 525M ) and not the server file or the incremental update. Just grab the one file, update your game, and keep on rolling...

Now that your game is updated, the next important thing to do is to update the version of PunkBuster software that the game uses. One of the simplest ways to do that is by using the PB Setup Utility ( which allows you to update every game on your machine that uses PunkBuster software ) and it only takes seconds compared to waiting forever for an update to be applied once you try to join a server.
To grab a copy of the program directly from the PunkBuster website, just visit this link and and download the program: PunkBuster Online Countermeasures. Now all you have to do is install the program, apply the update, and you're ready to play! Typing this paragraph takes longer than updating PB with this method, so get to it, soldier!
Note: If you are having trouble getting PB to run once you start the game, or if you find yourself getting kicked for any number of PB reasons ( other than "modified content" ) then you should download and install a file from the PunkBuster website called the PBSVC Setup Program. You can find that file at this link: PunkBuster Online Countermeasures ( Pay attention to the first paragraph on the page. )
This is a program that will run a diagnostic check of your PunkBuster software and tell you if there are any problems with your currently installed version of PunkBuster software. This can be very helpful when you are trying to determine if something wrong with PunkBuster is the reason you keep getting kicked or if it has absolutely nothing to do with the PunkBuster software installed on your computer.

Finally, remember that you no longer need to have your 2142 CD or DVD in the drive in order to play, so it's time to put that thing up on the shelf. Also, there will probably be many issues and problems that arise for people after the game has been installed and they have played ( or attempted to play ) for awhile. Obviously, those issues can't be addressed until they arise. So, hopefully this is enough information to get us all up to date and enjoying the latest version of Battlefield 2142.

-

Much thanks to the -|TBG|- clan for hosting so many damn fine 2142 servers, for keeping a great place for us to play, and for keeping this game alive!

Well, damn, LOL!

Members who have read this thread : 27

Total contributions: 0

Next person that needs help: Shit-Out-Of-Luck

:rotfl:

There is nothing that needs to be added. You've covered it all, good post. Thanks.

Mk, so I must be stupid, I did exactly this and it STILL doesnt fucking work. Not to mention that ALL the games I had in the EADM are gone now too...though they are still on my computer. WTF?!

seems like I have the problem where when I try to install 1.51 it says newer version already exist, so might as well do a clean install... sigh

I did a clean install
Updated to 1.50
Updated to 1.51
Ran pbsetup for pb update

Still can't connect to any servers.

Says that is older version of client

seems like I have the problem where when I try to install 1.51 it says newer version already exist, so might as well do a clean install... sigh

You need to go into the registry and change the version number to 1.50. I had to do this in the morning.

Full version from the link that was provided in post. I made sure was full version.

525m

If you're running Windows 7 x64, you need to run the PB setup as an Admin for it to work. Otherwise, you'll keep getting kicked.

I cant even connect to any servers. All servers are red for me.

Attachments

• BF2142 2011-02-06 18-15-40-84.jpg
    BF2142 2011-02-06 18-15-40-84.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 505
I just did a fresh install.

Ok so install 2142
patch 1.50
patch 1.51
pbsetup

that is correct installation process

Back