ATTENTION: 2142 VERSION 1.51 UPGRADE NOTICE

That's the same OS I have.

You need to have the "PunkBuster Service Setup". If you download that, you run that as an Admin to install PB correctly. Once you do that, then you can run "pbsetup.exe".

That's how I did it and I've had no problems running BF2142.

O fresh new install. Still does not work.

Fresh install
update to 1.50
update to 1.51
installed pbsvc
ran pbsetup
updated pb for 2142

Still does not workm haven't a clue what else to do.

No forgot to do that, well uninstalled pb and reinstalled and ran as admin this time. Still not working

Stargoat, I know this might sound like an idiotic question, but did you by some odd chance download the first 1.51 beta patch and install it instead?

What's the file size of the 1.51 installer? It should be: 1,443,446,339 bytes. It should also have a "modified" date of December 14, 2010.

Just thought I would throw that out there because that's the only other thing I can think of.

That or wait till all the other 1.50 servers convert over to 1.51 and then try to log in again to see if you can join any.

My 1.51 is

1.34 GB (1,445,076,248 bytes)

Thursday, ‎February ‎03, ‎2011, ‏‎6:52:38 PM

My 1.51 is

1.34 GB (1,445,076,248 bytes)

Thursday, ‎February ‎03, ‎2011, ‏‎6:52:38 PM

That's weird. Your file is too big.... It seems to be the size of the first beta patch (I don't have it to compare since I already deleted that old file on my system). That or you somehow downloaded/installed the "server" patch.... Because the final and the 2nd beta patch are one in the same and were the same file size.

DOWNLOAD LINK

That is the correct file to download. In fact, I re-downloaded it the other day and it matched perfectly the beta 2 patch size.

As long as the file size matches what I posted, you will have the correct one.

didnt he miss the 1.40 patch???....try this first before you install the 1.50 patch then the 1.51....hope it works...

all you need is 1.50 and 1.51. Obviously download it in sequential order.

I just did a clean install, with EVERYTHING, even redownloaded both patches, and it STILL says that I am using an old version...
*Edit* Did some research and found out I might have to do some registry tweaking....oh boy....

how do I change the registry so I can correct this?

Hit start and type REGEDIT in to the search bar and hit enter (Win7/Vista)

For XP Hit Start then run and type REGEDIT

For 64 bit versions of Windows:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2142

Right click on Version, select Modify, change to 1.50 and then close the registry.

For 32 Bit versions of Windows:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA GAMES\Battlefield

Right click on Version, select Modify, change to 1.50 and then close the registry.

After this you should be able to install the 1.51 patch.

also, delete the whole 1.51 registry folder up one level as well

(from: 1.51 beta? - Electronic Arts UK Community)

Thanks for the help Quantum! I couldnt find that 1.51 registry folder that you mentioned at the end though...

I'm having a somewhat similar problem as Stargoat. Two of our four servers are red to me including the Karkand IO server, I can join it off my friends list if I come in on someone else, but trying to join off my server list gives the "Server generated an error, please try again later". I don't know what could possibly be causing this. Entering IP works though

Back