Appealing my ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey0

Ethinic words & Racial slurs will not be lifted. We don't care why or with who you used it with. Only in a unique situation a ban such as this may be lifted,false positives for example. Donations for ban lift not offered

What is your in game ALIAS(es):* ESF-Hockeeyyy

Which game is it?:* Battlefield 4

Your Steam ID: hockeysense83

Server name that you were banned on** No idea

Approximate Date/Time that you were banned** At least three years ago

Admin that banned you (If you remember) No idea

If possible, the reason that you might have got banned for. Reason states racism

Any additional comments you would like to add? There's nothing in the chat logs I can see that provides the context; I'll accept that I must have said something because I know it's an auto-kick in TBG servers. I'll take ownership of it.

FYI: Causing trouble during your ban appeal may extend your ban to all our servers. You've been warned.
And again deliberate slurs will NEVER BE LIFTED including any attempt to troll or test the filter. We dont care or why. Our house our rules! The rules and punishment in the server are very clear. Only false positives or legit context will be lifted.

This is directed for everyone. Do not respond to ban appeal threads unless you are able to provide pertinent information (or assist the situation), admin involved and/or banned player.

I am trying to find if I made a ban appeal in the past, but I don't see it in my post history at the moment. I do know that some people have tried to report me to TBG for cheating according to Google search, but I don't think that was the reason I was banned at all. A brief search of the chat logs in the Metro server shows nothing, despite that server being the most frequented one I used.

Since I didn't have enough room in the additional comment section, I would like to add that I will take full ownership of whatever was said for racism. I know the TBG server auto-kicks racism and homophobia, so I'm just under the assumption I did say something and will accept that as evidence. I have been a pretty shitty person in the past, but I hope to justify any appeal with a clear showing of contrition and positive judgement. Thanks.

I am no admin here but.

https://www.tbgclan.com/threads/some-are-currently-bitching-about-tbg-on-le-bf4-reddit.34253/

https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/2nibo3/banned_by_tbg_and_they_reset_the_server_for/

"I actually had their server listed on my radar due to their admins banning good players because it renders their clan stacking obsolete. I don't know why I even bother with these Locker servers any more."

I also saw you call Brazilian subhuman ...

did you really change ?
It's a fair question.

At that time, I had a video up showing the ban message I got afterwards; it was shown on my channel; I've since deleted the video because I wanted no part of denigrating any other servers as part of the BF4DB admin team. I wanted to create a better atmosphere for the community and try to get more servers ranked so the community could manage the issues with cheaters better. Further to that, the video was childish in the first place and served nothing other than getting negative attention.

But that is no longer the ban reason, so I'll just stick to the character question. I have absolutely said some pretty shitty things. I can't recall the last time I said anything out of frustration that was racist in nature; I just grew up and stopped being an asshole.

Further to that I played a large role in getting one guy banned that I know TBG has had issues with in the past: HELIX-Delusion. Source. I was one of the main admins for the original BF4DB site; that played a role in changing my bad habits of venting frustrations and putting those who support my positive initiatives in a negative light. I also played a role in figuring out how the servers were being crashed, and isolating who was doing it and where. It was personally investigated and coded with a patch by BF4DB, as well as a third party coder, and the main cause of the server crashing has been patched by DICE because of us.

I wrote the BF4DB ban policy as well. I have taken a lot of flak from certain overwhelmingly negative members of the competitive community because I refused to remove any bans for egregious forms of cheating; especially from those who deliberately sought to scam others through Twitch. My goal as I grow out of my competitive phase is to help the Battlefield community grow and push DICE to make more nuanced decisions about allowing the community to manage itself.

All those examples can be used to tout my character as being a positive influence to the community and players.

As for my own personal reflection, the many number of players I have encountered have generally shared a positive impression with me. You mentioned that you have witnessed me calling out Brazilians as being subhuman. I would like to personally vouch that you're correct. But I'd like to share that after playing three seasons of CCS against South American teams, I consider ESF-ThunderBlack (Brazilian competitive player) to be someone who can and will confirm that whatever negativity that I brought on myself four years ago no longer exists. Thunder is one of my good friends and teammates. He didn't force me to change my perspective -- I just realized I needed to change if I wanted to become friends with people like Thunder.

It's up to TBG to decide if the damage from four years ago is too great to be washed away from the character changes I have bore out on my own over that time, but I feel pretty strongly that the person I was 4-5 years ago is not the one I am today. I still get frustrated at times, but I've learned personally that it's better to just swallow my tongue and learn from my mistakes. I'd be willing to sit down and chat with the ban admin if he or she would like to hear it from me directly.

That's not me. That was Delusion using my name in the HELIX server. You can see from the Reddit thread that I linked that he used my name after I changed it. He was trying to get me banned by EA / DICE.

Like I said, that was Delusion. I don't know what more I can say, but I am not lying.

Here's some evidence for you: https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/4tq7gq/just_reloading_my_deagle_here/

It's unfortunate Metabans went down because it showed all the name changes. ESF-hockey in that video isn't me. He used other variations like hockeeyyyyyyyyyyyy or hockeey and so on and so forth. I recognize you're questioning my character for the sole purpose that you're protecting TBG, but I can assure you that the linked image you posted is not me at all.

I have another piece of evidence to show that HELIX members were using variations of my gamer tag, as well as trying to doxx me. Can I PM one of the ban admins? It has my real life name being used by one of the HELIX members. I also have one of the BF4DB admins coming into this thread to confirm that the person linked by germa is Delusion, not me.

Germa, I just showed you that Delusion was using my name and playing with it. Delusion and HELIX were all banned by BF4DB for cheating and were doing everything they could to DDoS any BF4DB servers, along with those that were doing it in Europe, and attacking BF4DB admins. Delusion used my former name, that I can no longer recover because he's still using one of my older names to denigrate me. Skullz clearly thought he was talking to me; he wasn't. Delusion was the person behind that account. He also banned me from the HELIX servers before that time as well. You said that those messages happened a year ago? I was banned from those HELIX servers.

Anyway, a BF4DB admin is going to corroborate my POV and hopefully dispel this because the person you are framing in those screenshots is not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back