Anyone who can possibly help...

WildRaider

BANNED
BANNED
Ok I have had the game command and conquer generals deluxe edition whitch comes with the regular generals and generals zero hour...Worked with xp and windows vista...But ever since I got this computer 7 months ago I can't get it to work...I have tryed anything and everything suggested by many people on forums all over the internet...No solutions to the issue yet...I spent over 48 hours driving myself crazy trying to get it to work...I tryed installing it today to see if maybe windows updates changed anything to where it would finally work...Needless to say it still doe's the same shit...

Isn't that game one of the best from the C&C series?

Yes despite it's been given up by ea many still love zero hour...But I can't get it to work with windows 7...Tryed anything and everything...I miss playing thsi game despite the fact it has been run over by hacking fags...

i would try one of two things or both combined. set the game to admin and or maybe combatiblity mode.

This might help

From here:

Win7 x64 Command & Conquer Generals does not work in any compatability mode or with XP virtual machine

I have a core i5 laptop running windows 7 home premium 64-bit with an ATI graphics card and I had exactly the same problems getting C&C Generals and Zero Hour to work.
Good News - Have just successfully managed to get it working, and it IS Windows 7 that causes the problem, specifically it's to do with access permissions to folders - Windows 7 blocks access to folders that Generals uses to run.
The way I fixed it was:
In 'My Documents' (usually at C:\users\YOURNAME\documents) there should be a folder named 'Command and Conquer Generals Data' or 'Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data', which was put there when you installed the game. You need to create a text file using notepad and save it into this folder. However, you must click 'save as' and change the type drop-down box from text file (.txt) to 'all files'. Then save the file as 'options.ini'
Before you save, paste this text into the file to get you started:
AntiAliasing = 1
BuildingOcclusion = yes
DrawScrollAnchor =
DynamicLOD = no
ExtraAnimations = yes
GameSpyIPAddress = 0.0.0.0
Gamma = 50
IPAddress = 0.0.0.0
IdealStaticGameLOD = High
LanguageFilter = true
MaxParticleCount = 5000
MoveScrollAnchor =
MusicVolume = 55
Resolution = 1024 768
Retaliation = yes
SFX3DVolume = 79
SFXVolume = 71
ScrollFactor = 50
SendDelay = no
ShowSoftWaterEdge = yes
ShowTrees = yes
StaticGameLOD = Custom
TextureReduction = 0
UseAlternateMouse = no
UseCloudMap = yes
UseDoubleClickAttackMove = no
UseLightMap = yes
UseShadowDecals = yes
UseShadowVolumes = yes
VoiceVolume = 100
This is simply how the game remembers what options you picked (music volume, brightness and the like) and you can change them once the game is running using the options menu.
Now the key bits - firstly, make sure that you have full read/write permissions for the Command and Conquer Generals Data folder - do this by right clicking on the folder, then properties then the security tab and change the permissions for all users. It might also be worth making sure no files are "Read-Only" in that folder.
Then change the game's compatibility mode by right clicking on the game in the start menu, clicking on properties and then the Compatibility tab. I used the "Change settings for all users" button at the bottom and changed to Windows XP (SP3), as well as checking the "Run as administrator box".
Hey presto! It worked, debunking the myth that C&C Generals will not run on 64 bit systems (as some people have been saying). In fairness, I haven't tried online multiplayer yet, just a few skirmishes.
Good Luck!

Um bob I have tryed that to and nothing...Unless maybe I did something wrong...Maybe what I should do is have fast or someone team view me again sometime soon and have them do that thing you posted and see if maybe I did something wrong...But im gonna be busy today so it will most likely be in the next few days...

Back