Any zelda fans??

That is pretty cool. By the way Lex, were you even out of the womb yet when the rest of were playing Zelda on our 8-bit Nintendo systems?

[quote1241542572=RimGreaper5000]
By the way Lex, were you even out of the womb yet when the rest of were playing Zelda on our 8-bit Nintendo systems?
[/quote1241542572]

He wasn't even a gleam in his daddy's eye; shit I was tearing it up on the old Nintendo

[quote1241542894=balls2dawall]

He wasn't even a gleam in his daddy's eye; shit I was tearing it up on the old Nintendo
[/quote1241542894]

Gleam in his daddy's eye? I don't even think he was an itch in his daddy's sack yet!!

Oh man, 1987?! I remember that like it was yesterday..

Gas was under $1/gal

All the girls wore leggings and had on like 8 lbs of rubber bracelets...

I was in History class when "Black Monday" monday happened...

Reagan was getting busted out about selling guns to Iran..

Jim Bakker got busted out too... but at least we got to see Jessica Hahn's funbags...

In school "Perestroika" and "Glastnost" were the 2 "cool" new words everyone was saying - thanks alot, Gorby...

I was pissed because they took the "Dungeons & Dragons" cartoon off the air... but I still had Voltron, Transformers, Robotech and G.I. Joe to fall back on...

Weed was cheap and abundant... and socially acceptable to smoke (but I swear I didn't inhale)..

It was also still popular to purchase an old VW Vanagon and follow the Grateful Dead around the country..

It didn't matter if it was Whitesnake, Poison, Def Leppard, Cinderella... if they had "Big Hair" every girl you knew wanted to be stuffed by their dick like a Thanksgiving turkey...

And let's not forget about the REAL "Miami Vice" not that bullshit movie.

Not to mention Remington Steel, and that jerkoff "Max Headroom" had his own show too...

Ahh the good ole days... Lex, you defnintely missed out... even with the advancement of technology... If I had to choose a decade to live in forever... it would be the 80's without a doubt..

[quote1241553920=RimGreaper5000]

It didn't matter if it was Whitesnake, Poison, Def Leppard, Cinderella... if they had "Big Hair" every girl you knew wanted to be stuffed by their dick like a Thanksgiving turkey...

[/quote1241553920]

Haha...too funny

Don't forget about the A-Team, Airwolf, and Knight Rider...the real Knight Rider not a bullshit Mustang that transforms into bullshit vechiles

Oh hell yeah!!

Airwolf was the SHIZNIT!!

I loved it in the A-Team when they would spray the area with 3000 rounds of ammo and no one would get shot!

The other thing I forgot about was playing Archon on the Apple IIe - that was the best game of all time (for it's era at least)!
Buying smokes for like 80 cents was pretty cool too..
MTV still played videos..
Saturday Night Live was still funny...
Dolly Parton still had all of her tits...and MAN were they huge..
I would never miss an episode of WKRP in Cinciinnatti either...
And those Duke boys doing jumps in the General Lee - the REAL Dukes of Hazzard, back when Daisy wasn't fat..
The whole decade was awesome..

Do you remember "Manimal"? - was only on for like 8 episodes but it was a cool show...

"Knight Rider...the real Knight Rider not a bullshit Mustang that transforms into bullshit vechiles."
That was the one of the biggest complaints about the show. They could of customized a 2010 Camaro into a Trans-Am. Instead of wasting two cars and labor time.

The Camaro would have been the way to go; but, the writers of the show had NO idea; like Pontiac missing the boat with the GTO, which had plenty of power like the original; but it looked like a Grand AM

Oh bullshit, you think Im not Fluent in 80's and 90's culture!? haha, I remember Thunder Cats, Duck hunt, and Mario 3? shit dude, Not even to mention Baywatch, Dragnet, Get Smart, The A team, NYPD blue, Taxi, Alf, Police academy, M*A*S*H*, Happy Day's ,Star Trek TNG, Mix tapes, idiots walking with boom boxes.
and The Return of the Jedi I know my shit, I remember when MC Hammer had money, and Snoop Dogg was a snoop puppy.Not to mention when Loony Tunes was allowed to have speedy Gonzales, and GI joe the real American Hero faught Cobra, Captain Planet. Back to the Future annnnnnnd when we fucking kicked ass in the Persian Gulf and blew Saddam the F* up!!! and when Dukakis made an idiot of himself on national television in the M1A1, and Mr Gorbachev tear down this wall!!! I may be young however I know about the decade in which I was born in.

now sftu before I hit you with a skip-it.

LOL, All in good, fun, and I thought Airwolf was ridiculous the helicopter that can break the sound barrier , I was a Macgyver fan myself. Dude the 80's and 90's were awesome, I may have been just a kid, but I was glad to experience the small amount of awesomeness that exisited and shaped our technology today, Now if we could only get the girl from weird science.

i am so fluent in zelda i can pick up a nes controller and go start to finish in one sitting (without dying, not hard), collect everything, and i have no idea what im doing.

its all memory from when i was 6/7. thats all i did was game. i went to 1st grade with nintendo folders and i was in the nintendo power club. i use to send in game tips for Duck Tales.

talk contra and Super C... its on.

Crap, July '87? I was on a WestPac deployment to Okinawa and Korea. Remember Cindy Crawford, the B-52's and big hair?

Oh yeah? Well, who remembers Morgan Freeman on "The Electric Company" - you know, when Spiderman didn't talk - he just had the white clouds above him to say what he was thinking..

The science show 3-2-1 Contact?

Or how about the handheld Coleco football game, when you only had red "dashes" to represent the players?

Old school Atari Asteroids or Space Invaders?

Or how about when "Dragons Lair" came out in the arcade (back when arcades were everywhere - now try to find one)? That was the coolest shit for its time.

Hell, I still remember Howard Cosell commentating Monday night football, and Walter Cronkite on the news (and I have faint recollections of seeing Gerald Ford on TV too).

My mom would pack my lunch for school, but made sure to give me my ¢20 for milk!!

The thing that kida sucked about Zelda (well, what REALLY sucked actually) was that 1st gen Nintendo had no way of saving... so you would turn your TV off and go to school with that shit turned on...and you would leave it on til you finished the game..
I personally was a Blaster Master fan myself..

Damn, I could do this walk down memory lane all day....

Master Blaster had a guy chase a frog down a hole. Found and wore a pink suit driving a pink tank. Drove and walked all around getting shot at. All for a frog. A good game with a weakass story.

Back