Android 4.4 KitKat on the Sprint Galaxy S2!

RainMotorsports

Leadership
Leadership
I will only have my S2 activated until the 12th when I jump ship heading for a Nexus. I just installed the latest 4.3 build for this phone (officially Samsung left it at 4.1.2) and the developer that does most of our work just posted this.

Image:
1385200976736.jpg

I wont have this phone by the time it gets stable :(

I've been on kit Kat for about two and a half weeks. I dig it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

waiting for my current rom to get updated to 4.3. modder is waiting on the 4.3 stock kernel.

Sent via Tapatalk carrier pigeon

Nexus 4 has 4.4 already. You don't have to wait for OTA unless you really want to. Only thing you might lose is any carrier software which doesn't belong on a Nexus anyways. With the 5 when you buy it from a gsm carrier it will be void of BS this time.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Tapatalk

Well I guess I'm no longer eligible for updates because it is telling me I have latest. Shit

OTAs roll out slowly like if your last name starts with a Z you get it first. Which is why manual is quicker

4.4 has been OK on the Nexus 5. Personally, I really hate Google's default contacts list. I'll need to find a replacement for that.

4.4 has been OK on the Nexus 5. Personally, I really hate Google's default contacts list. I'll need to find a replacement for that.

Now tell me how CM 11 is on the Nexus 5 ya pussy.

I'd be hating using hangouts for MMS but since I just switched to Google Voice I no longer use the native mms app anymore.

Why would I need CM-11 on a stock Android phone?

On a sidenote, I already ditched Hangouts. Handcent is my current texting thing.

Because stock android is for the birds.

You might not have known but on your Samsung you could change brightness by swiping the top of the screen left to right. Features like that go missing when you switch OEMs or worse yet when your on featureless stock. That particular feature is one CM carries to any phone.

How about changing your toggles or adding or removing buttons from the power menu? Can't tell me you wouldn't replace useless ones with useful ones.

The further back you go the less useful stock android was. A Nexus S with stock android was useless without downloading a ton of apps widgets and mods.

The nexus is beautiful because it's unlocked and has driver source you lose those 2 things the phone would flop in sales. The nexus 5 doesn't perform as well as other devices with its hardware even free of all the bloat making it a match for its price tag. It has a mundane camera and no storage. Cloud storage is not happening on limited data plans.

I've already noticed. You can still get to it reasonably easily, but you actually lost the slide-down brightness bar too. There's still a button there. It has a few issues (it's pretty bare). Now it still depends on what you wanna do with it. Apps and widgets and mods can be useful--though I rather like not having Sprint Music or whatever bullshit programs bogging down the phone. The Sprint/Samsung bullshit can't crash when it's not installed.

I haven't seen a sprint app in 2 years :p you could have joined me a long time ago.

Actually kinda mad that CyanogenMod moved the option to enable advanced reboot menu to the developer options. I mean I always turn that on so I can do reboot to recovery etc.

shit I just got the update now, i guess I'm still allowed for updates. Why did it take it longer for me than doaker? Why are you so damn special to get it first. You only live 30 minutes away from me and we have same provider.

Different carrier? The nexus 4 did allow some minor carrier customization. Like in the US to support T-Mobile WiFi calling.

If not its not just about area. They don't want everyone in the same area downloading at the same time. They stage it based on more than area.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

well why does doaker get it before me?????? He is not cooler.
I should call and complain.
Wambulance!!!

Back