Almost got thrown in jail!!!!

Actually the picture has me at a register turning in bottle refunds. I was no where near any coinstar machine. Its across the store from where they had the picture. While they may be screwed in court I still have to deal with the fact that 2 or 3 of the people who live near me plus a few people that work there that I know watched them do it. yeah sure I have witnesses but the damage is already done. I am so embarrassed, its difficult to put into words how I feel right now.

they have NO proof of you stealing anything. Even if they do, they have video. You just told me it's for bottle refunds. tell them to show you a video of you stealing and I bet you they won't have it. even if they do, it will show nothing of you stealing. jesus! whoever these ppl are of accusing you of shit, take em to court and screw them over. Also, you might want to call their corporate storee and let them know what happend. I'm sure you will win with these idiots. seems like a no brainer. I know how you feel right now but you have to think about how karma will effect these morons. Karma is a bitch when you least expect it.

Yeah I am all for the karma getting them back but really I am disgusted they did not even try to be sure and research it better before approaching me. If they called me about a hour after I left the store.... then it would have only taken them a hour to determine they were wrong before they publicly humiliated me. hmmm I think they might be in a bit of trouble. I want that security guy fired. he was a total douchebag and everytime I tried to tell him to check to make sure he would threaten me again. If that guy knew who he was threatening he would have thought twice. I am by no means a big guy... but I have been a black belt for 25 years and a military trained solder...and you guys know I have a temper.
He should get down on his knees and thank god that he is still breathing. He lives today because I let him live.

I would not settle out of court for less than 250k. I am not kidding either. After I got out of the service I went to work in loss prevention and I had seen multiple false arrests that were given million dollar + to the people who were wronged. Kmart corp. changed everything they did in loss prevention after that. If I have to go to court I will be seeking in the range of 750k to a million.
I am preparing and have been preparing to run for public office(school board). This incident could cost me everything I have been trying to do if the wrong info is put out by one of the people there that did not know they called me a hour or so later to tell me it was a mistake.

defamation of character I think right? I can't say that I would do anything different if I was in your shoes. It would have been catastrophic if they did call the cops, cause then you could have filed a counter report.

Good luck to you, and it's sucks to high hell how one person can fuck with your mojo for the weekend.

If you were in the jury what amount do you think would get the company to pay attention to peoples rights?
we all know companies only respect the bottom line and the only way to get them to step up is to hit them hard.
Please be honest it will be people like you who decide this when it goes to court and it will.

that really,sucks man,good luck on the suiing process,i would have done the same

Not worth a dime! I think it sucks to be embarrassed like that and could have been handled much better behind closed doors. Playing devils advocate but a security guard detains you on suspicion of theft. Right or wrong he was simply doing a job. Again, not saying he handled it correctly either. Maybe you looked like the same person? Furthermore you agreed to return and pay the money. You were not assaulted, result in lost work time, suffer from metal anguish, etc, etc.

You should try the drive through at Mickey D's and order a hot cup of coffee!

Oakland Press to write a story. My interview is tomorrow, they intend on shooting video so I imagine its too post on their website. They told me they are calling the store to get their comment on it after they got off the phone with me. I should hear from the TV stations Monday morning.

My Freedom and rights are worth more than 38 dollars innocent or not.

What they did is against the law. We need to set examples ... not let our rights be trampled by a grocery store security guard. The only way large corporations acknowledge a problem is if you affect their bottom line enough. If its a drop in the bucket so to speak they will do it to anyone. Then your not FREE....
I will fight for the freedom of Myself, my family, and my friends. I do it for the guys who are not here to say "hey thats not right".
The ones who died giving me that Freedom ..... the ones who are bleeding and dying now for that same Freedom ... and for the ones who will bleed and die to preserve that same chance at Freedom and liberty in the years too come.

Well here is the link to the story the Oakland Press did on me.
Its a bit windy on the lake that day so some of the sound is a bit messed up, it was shot at my house.
Is it me or does it always sound strange to hear/see yourself on video...I always pictured myself having a deeper voice but meh w.e.
Wrongfully Accused

I would be careful and talk to the lawyer first, he will tell you if you have a case or not. Secondly if he does it without a retainer up front then do it, but dont pay him anything up front. You will get burned.
Supra is 100% right here. The only thing that would suck more than this situation already does is if you took it in the ass from a shyster on top of it. If they take the case on contingency (a % of whatever settlement you win) rather than retainer go for it, otherwise the lawyer doesn't really think you have a real good chance of winning real money or he doesn't care.
I just tried to call the channel 4 news.. got nothing but sent a letter to them describing what had happened. That would make a good story really..... I might be on the News!! lol.
Be careful not to blow your leverage! If you are going to be squeaky anyhow they might not decide to grease you.

My attorney has accepted the case on contingency and seemed quite confident.
He advised me to do any media stories.

They can try to push it off but I intend on taking this to trial by jury if necessary and so does my attorney.

Is it me or does it always sound strange to hear/see yourself on video...I always pictured myself having a deeper voice but meh w.e.

I hear ya on the voice thing. Almost every time I answer the phone, people think I'm a girl...... Really pisses me off.

I hear ya on the voice thing. Almost every time I answer the phone, people think I'm a girl...... Really pisses me off.

Used to be like that for me--when I was 13. Lol. They don't think that anymore. I get complaints about rumbling on the phone.

Back