after patching to 1.51 no servers

trying59

Upgraded using clean install and applied the right patching 1.0 to 1.5 full to 1.51 and no servers show up. I even updated punk buster. any ideas?

Well there are only about 7 servers showing up for me with 1.51. Ours and DethKlok. Are you sure you used the correct patch version?

By correct patch version, I believe Soldier is asking if you used the old patch from September of last year or the newer one from December.

Another question for you is what source ( what web link ) did you get the patch from...? Some web links have the older patch and some have the newer one.

Some other information, issues, and answers are located here: http://www.tbgclan.com/f10/attention-2142-version-1-51-upgrade-notice-10201/

Yup 2 versions of the patch - awesome -these guys really have this going - fuck it im'm done with 2142 forever

Arturo, one patch was a Beta patch released in September of 2010 and the other patch was an updated Beta patch released in December of 2010. There's only one patch, bro. And really they haven't even released it as official yet, as far as I know. The update that everyone has been using is the last Beta patch from December because that last version was announced as the final release just last week.

yep I ve done all that as computer geek back to the days of dos and os2 I ve got to say this patch is doesn't work at this time. Even deathlock just went back to 1.50. 4 hours of installing and uninstalling . punkbuster problems after clean installs with pb updates. I m guessing 1.51 isn't really just yet for prime time.

ive done the same shit reinstalled twice done thats i have the right patch i still keep getting my version is older than the server im trying to play on messages..

this is a transition period between patches, servers are rolling out to patch 1.51 I would wait a couple weeks and all servers should be patched up by then I would think.

Before I patched I copied my 2142 folder under program files then I patched. When I want to switch back to version 1.5 because i still like to play in populated servers i simply rename the 2142 folders.

I honestly do not understand how some people do not understand this, it's like the simplest computer operation, copy paste and rename.

this is a transition period between patches, servers are rolling out to patch 1.51 I would wait a couple weeks and all servers should be patched up by then I would think.

Before I patched I copied my 2142 folder under program files then I patched. When I want to switch back to version 1.5 because i still like to play in populated servers i simply rename the 2142 folders.

I honestly do not understand how some people do not understand this, it's like the simplest computer operation, copy paste and rename.

Agreed. I had done the same during the beta testing period of 1.51.

Hi guys,

I played in most of the servers with the new patch and everything is fine. But when i play in strike at the karkand, It's freezing every 30 sec. with the message ''There is a problem with your connection'' but i got a ping under 20ms?? I re-installed the whole thing and same thing....

some people have been getting this as well. I am not sure why to be honest but its definitely on Dice's end. Maybe when they make the patch official in a few days it would solve this issue.

I've also been hearing a hotfix will be out soon with 1.51. Currently being tested.

Their might be another server patch coming due to important bugs. It certainly looks like Tuesday 15, 2011. I think this server patch was to encourage testers or something.
The final version of the server side and client side patches wasn't "released' until yesterday, and it was only released to 2 individuals in 2 GSP's. I was one of the individuals. Earlier this afternoon we finished verifying that some issues we found while testing it earlier were fixed and slapped the "It's ready go go" approval on it. I imagine that DICE has just started to upload this final version to GSPs.

So FAST, what's TBG's plans here? Are you going to downgrade the 1.51b2 servers to 1.50 till Tuesday? Or are you going to stay with 1.51b2 till 1.51 is out officially?

Back