Advice needed from all you car/truck experts.

The trick is not using the breaks to stop... You use you engine and transmission... the breaks are just there for the final slow. Any decent tow package also has a way to adjust your breaking power for the trrailer as well. There are some things that require moving on my property that will require this amount of torque to move it. The trailer I will use on the road is much lighter.

@cplmac I have about 200 lbs of sand in the trunk of my car to give it enough weight for traction as it is otherwise there is no way I can get out of the driveway. Cheap cat litter works well too

Well, I filled out a loan app on a truck that's only about an hour away down in NH. 17.9k F250 Diesel with a 5 speed manual. 2007 and 81k miles... a little higher mileage than i really want but I also don't like the brand new price. They approved it this afternoon so I am gonna give them a call.

Well, I filled out a loan app on a truck that's only about an hour away down in NH. 17.9k F250 Diesel with a 5 speed manual. 2007 and 81k miles... a little higher mileage than i really want but I also don't like the brand new price. They approved it this afternoon so I am gonna give them a call.

I wouldn't be too terribly concerned with the mileage, just the fact that its the 6.0 period. They were injectors and turbo's galore and I remember them extending the warranty on them because of it. Made our diesel tech's a lot of money on warranty work. The 6.4 had its fair share of fun as well in the beginning. Should last you forever still.

STOP!!!!! MOTHER FUCKER!
I'm a commercial diesel mechanic and I will NOT let you buy a stupid fucking ford diesel!
The ford/ International 6.0 is a really bad idea. probably the most problematic engines I've ever seen.
If you want a diesel get a dodge with the Cummins or a Chev with the Duramax.
Both are great engines, But I would go Cummins due to it being a simpler engine design.
If I was you I'd be looking at a Dodge 3500 with 5.9 24V.

SI will NOT let you buy a stupid fucking ford diesel!
The ford/ International 6.0 is a really bad idea. probably the most problematic engines I've ever seen..

If the US government would just dismantle International this could change. Everytime Ford tries to develop a Diesel engine, International sues them. So how exactly does any other company build diesel's without violating International's patents? Thats right because International is full of shit and there is probably no punishment for holding shit up in court for 20 years.

Ford has their own diesel engine now...The 6.7. I have not worked on one and don't want to. The top of the engine has so many hoses and wires it looks like a snake pit.

Our local international dealers shop has not made a pennie in 3 years. All they have been doing is warranty work on the new Maxforce engines.
Mainly sensors, injectors, and EGR coolers.

Ford has their own diesel engine now...The 6.7. I have not worked on one and don't want to. The top of the engine has so many hoses and wires it looks like a snake pit.
Oh they finally got to do that? About time. I kinda stopped paying attention.

wide open.jpg

Probably shouldn't have been wide open anyways. They really need to build a feature into trucks where it punches the operator everytime they do something stupid. Plenty of 45 to 60K trucks will have beat the shit out of owners but at least they will still run :p

RainMotorSports, in your F650 image, why is there a car stuck in a tree?

Ford diesel is a very bad idea. My brother bought one and wouldn't listen to anyone who tried to hell him not to and that thing's spent more time in the shop than on the road. He ended up selling it after a year and a half. It was working, in driveable condition for about 6 months, and spent more than a year in the shop trying to fix a new fucking engine.

came here to post subaru baja... now just dodge deisel

The ford gassers are good but they've had a lot of legal trouble with Navistar and International over the years. The motors that work are awesome but you're rolling the dice on whether or not that's the engine you get.

I would suggest a manual dodge over a standard. and don't buy into that allison tranny bullshit

I would suggest getting the manual trans dodge. the auto's are not the greatest.
If you go Duramax the Allison trans is about as good as it gets for a stock auto trans. Not sure what Turbo is smoking?

Back