Act of Valor

BritPatriot89

[video=youtube;ZnlPgo9TaGo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnlPgo9TaGo[/video]

So this is a movie with active Navy Seals playing the roles and honestly, I psyched for this film. I've always like it when modern warfare or war films in general attain realism, whether it's through putting the actors through the same (but short obviously) training regime as the soldiers themselves so they know for a brief time what it's like so as to translate into their acting, or even in Generation Kill where they were able to get the actual Marine that was on tour with the squad the show's portraying, in the film for authenticity. I love war/modern combat films, and hoping this to be a really good one. Kinda hope Hollywood doesn't get to their heads.... then again I'm not a soldier so I don't know how influenced they can get in this situation. Not like it happens a lot.

What everyone's thoughts?

Is it true that they did not use Special FX in this movie?

no special fx and all the people who played seals were actual navy seals

Yup saw it two weeks ago. Pretty good movie, not the best acting. Kind of wish they would have just given them a storyline and let them make up their own dialogue. Them trying to speak lines was the problem, otherwise really solid movie.

Yea great movie i thought, acting was rough but what do you expect from soldiers.....if you watch the credits at the end no people are listed for the main characters...from what i heard this was suppose to be a recruiting short film, but they ended up making a full length out of it.....for what its worth its a must see

They were never good at acting.. they are good at what the film was about.. all those scenes when they are just shooting the shit... thats them, nothing fake, which is why it feels fake and not properly acted cause we are used to fake acted scenes.

vbad film did not like good for them that they where real seals but the film was bad

Back