Absent for a bit

darksteppa1

Hey Guys,

I might have to report to the ER room for kidney stones that I've had for a year and, it hasn't even came out. I went to the doctor about a month ago and complained about pain in my abdomen. So, they took a CT scan of me and said "you still have a stone in you. if you notice blood in urine, go to the ER" I wake up this morning to go to the bathroom to urinate and what do I see? Blood! I don't know how long I will be gone for or be in the ER. I'm hoping that I come out tonight being shock waved. thats all I'm hoping for is shock waves to destroy these stones that's been making me feel sick for a year now. I'm sick n tired of it. I want it out already. Not sure how long i'll be gone for but I'm hoping for NO surgery. I could be in there for a day to maybe 3 days to maybe a week?? I have no idea how long i'll be in there but i'm sick of hospitals. Anyways, If i do end up getting surgery, ill be there for a week, I guess. If not, I'll be back online as soon as I can.

Much Respect to all,
-darksteppa

Get well soon! Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy or what the doctors call ESWL should hopefully do the trick. I have had it done twice in my lifetime. Luckily, never had to have surgery. Hope all goes well.

thx! I got back from the ER not too long ago. I reported to the ER room at 1am in the morning and waited about 4 hrs to see the doctor. They got a urine test to see how much blood I urinate and they said "it's not much..prolly %5-10 blood". I spoke with the doctor regarding ESWL and they said the stones are small. So, they gave me flomax (tamsulosin) & ibuprofrin to ease the pain with the flomax making me use the restroom. I asked the doctor about cranberry pills and she said "we dont think its such a good idea" which I don't get why it's not? I have it just in case. I'm going to follow up with one of my doctors in the morning to see how many of these fuckers i still have....it's pissing me off. I feel like complete shit. I came back home to rest up. got only about 3-4 hrs of sleep in and wake up with pain in my right side. I walked around a bit to see if it gets better. It didn't. I went to go pick up my meds and as I came back home with my dad dropping me off so i can come upstairs quicker, I started noticing my mouth going numb with spit a few times before I actually threw up a few times. Pops gave me some shit that made me feel better. I still feel like shit. Docs said to follow up with my urology appointment on the 24th to see whats the best idea for me if these stones don't pass which i haven't seen the stones passing so, if I don't pass these, I gotta go for ESWL/Surgery. Hoping I don't get surgery. Afraid of not waking up! Anyways, I hope to god (allah) that i get better to not have to go through this shit again....the worst feeling EVER! worst than anything else I can think of. I might be popping in/out of game to admin...if I feel sick, I wont be in game to admin. just a heads up! dropping the flomax tonight b4 i go to bed and the ibuprofrin in two hrs...

what a week! man....such bullshit going on with reporting to the ER due to not feeling well. I had to check back in this morning @ 530am due to so much pain not letting me sleep at all. I was only able to get in about 15 mins sleep then wake up with extreme pain. did this a few times and woke up around 430 to tell my pops to take me to the ER cause I wasn't able to drive myself. So, I check into the ER and got taken to the back and was given a bed ASAP cause i had so much pain. They gave me IVY through the vein with anti nausea and tramadol or whatever it is that helps with kidney stone pain. I got 3 Ivy's put into me just so i can stay hydrated. Anyways, turns out from what i got my report from this it states "your kidney function has been affected by dehydration and by taking ibuprofen. Do not take ibuprofen or other 'non-steroid antiflammatory' medication in the future as this could lead to kidney problems. Take vicodin to help with the pain and reglan to help with nausea. Gotta follow up on the 24th @1230pm for urology . I need to go back on the 14th for further blood testing to make sure my kidneys aren't getting any worst, someone will call me with the result"
they also told me that if I take the vicodin and i start puking, to go back to the ER.

Sorry to make this shit so long. just needed to let you guys know how i feel......LIKE COMPLETE SHIT! been up all night n day till now. its 520pm when i have checked into the ER at 530am...longest day in the hospital of my life. I hope I don't end up getting surgery. thats the last thing on my mind.

There was this female there that had a 18mm kidney stone and she just got surgery on it yesterday and was back in the ER today cause all she did was puke puke puke. they placed a stent in her and I was tripping when I heard this shit. got some anxiety then got released! hope i pass this shit with ease and no pain....even though there will be pain,......NO PAIN NO GAIN RIGHT!?
Excuse my absense if im not around....I need rest. Kidney stones is the worst thing that can happen to anybody and I dont wish this upon my worst enemy... much love TBG! hopefully, i can play for a bit tonight till i feel pain then im off. if not, i need to take it ez and ill see u guys soon. fuckin tired and need some sleep. eating now and going to bed soon tonight.

-dark

Hopefully things go smooth for you. I have had friends with those damn things and they hurt like a bitch from what I'm told. Good luck bud.

Take it from a guy who's been eating 800mg IB's all day long for the last 6 years, you have to be careful when taking ibuprofen because in addition to messing up your kidneys taking too much can also cause major stomached problems not to mention a possible stroke or heart attack. I am surprised they only gave you Tramadol & Vicodin for a kidney stone because that usually calls for something much stronger like the Percocet I am taking for my back but if their working for you that's all that counts. I have never had the misfortune of having a kidney stone but I know several people that have and they all said it was some of the worst pain they ever experienced, so I hope you can pass it soon without needing surgery as well. Good luck buddy I hope you feel better soon. Remember as the proverb say's "this too shall pass"

Seems that after I had checked myself into a hospital and all i was prescribed was medication, it didn't really work. On monday night, My pain was so bad that I had to check in again. they submitted me to the hospital because I was unable to pass the stone...the reason why i was unable to pass the stone was because, when they gave me ibuprofen as i mentioned earlier, ended up dehydrating my right kidney to the point of where i had fluid that wouldn't come out. I was admitted to stay at the hospital. they checked everything and decided that I needed to stay. I stayed in the hospital for two days then was given surgery cause i was unable to pass it. now, it turns out that ESWL wouldn't take effect on me at all cause the stone was small and it had gotten into my bladder without being passed. they placed a stent in me and this is the WORST experience I have EVER gone through..not just with surgery but with county hospital was another worst experience. i was treated with dis-respect by nurses.

Anyways, lets get right to the point, I have a stent in me to pass this 3mm sized stone. I hope I pass it this time(with the stent in me) even though, it's very uncomfortable, I cant take reg showers for two weeks till i get this shit pulled out. I can take showers but it has to be a sponge bath. don't want to risk getting a UTI. I was given so much narcotic pain meds, it made me not sleep at all when i'm extremely tired. I just got discharged from the hospital and i'm fine right now but dealing with a sponge bath makes me even lazier but, i have to do it. As soon as I get better, I will be able to play. the way things are going now, I might b able to join but i doubt i will due to the way i feel. not much pain but a lot of discomfort in the private area, I am sorry i been gone for awhile now...I will be back as soon as I feel better. don't worry, I still got my donation handy..need to get better. talk to you guys soon. hope all is well with everyone. If this doesn't make sense, I blame the morphine. LOL. sorry for the long read...

=/ I feel like shit dudes

Praise the lord and pass the Demerol! That's what they gave me for my kidney stone. Never even knew it came out I was so doped up. Best of luck, Darksteppa. Look forward to talking with you when you get back.

Back