A Challenge.

Personally I don't use anything but the regular right/left buttons for 2142, so I can't help you there.

Lol! You bought a mouse with 5 buttons and found no use for them.

I didn't buy it for the buttons lol... I buy my mice for the shape and feel mostly... I find that having 36143 buttons on them is kind of pointless, really...

I find the keyboard keys more useful for those... I use a custom key config too. It's pretty weird.

RMB - move forward/accelerate
LMB - move backward/hover/decelerate
D zoom in weapon / weapon switch in the gunship
F fire
C prone
V crouch
T reload
A sprint/boost
Z/X strafe left/right
Q/W comm. rose 1/2
E enter/exit vehicle
R jump

Umm... that about covers the basics.

It's kind of an inverse idea of the regular WASD setup - movement is moved to Z/X and the mouse buttons...

I play all my shooters like this, with light modifications depending on game of course, but generally Z/X strafe, F fire, R/V jump/crouch, T reload, D or G weapon zoom, A sprint etc.

My fingers usually rest on the azxf<spacebar> keys and I move them for the other functions. I don't think I ever use my thumb actually... except for seat switching. Seat-switching in 2142 is f2,d,f,f1, which for me is index, thumb, thumb, middle... kind of strange for most but my hands are used to it pretty well now.

Personally, I don't know why the WASD setup is so popular. I think you lose some accuracy by pressing the mouse button, as opposed to F on the keyboard... but then again, I like Verdun too lol.

I noticed I dont have to pick up the mouse much to make a quick u turn in the gun ship. Flying with the Adder has been improved.

Add some hyperglide mouse skates and a Revoltec precision advanced and it feels like you're mousing on buttery ice ;-)

On the bottom of your mouse there are feet usually coated with teflon or plastic. Some gamers use things called 'mouse skates'. This is essentially taking off your current teflon and replacing it with a different surface.

Oh. well what is the precision thing?

Off topic, but i just noticed my Gunship K/D is exactly the same as my roadkill 021

the Revoltec gamepad precision advanced is just a mouse pad... I have good impressions from it - have been using one for over a year now with the hyperglides (skates) on the deathadder... feels nice.

would i get better responce using a mousepad rather than my wood countertop? (see post your setup)

Better response?!? :)

What do you mean "better response?"

A dedicated mouse pad just makes your mouse slide even smoother than your wooden surface, that's about it... I like it, personally.

I have a MX518 for my laptop, although I personally don't really like it... I'll be selling/replacing it with a deathadder when I get to it.

Back