2142 Rules clarification please

Status
Not open for further replies.

TucoTheRat

I have just recently gotten back into 2142 and have playing your Mixed Maps and Suez servers quite a bit. Until now, I have been complaint free and have enjoyed the game play immensely. Around 8:15PM EST, I has playing the Suez server and ran into an attack team that employed the "Pilum Glitch." Is this allowed? Apparently Balls2dawall thinks so, as he was one of the participants.

"Rule#6 Do not exploit or glitch in the game. This includes: DO NOT place motion mines on the shield, we considered this as exploiting. DO NOT glitch in walls or boxes."

I understand that the "Pilum Gitch" isn't specifically pointed out in this rule, but how is this not an exploit?

its not an exploit, its called shield overloading and its allowed.

One of our rules states that this is allowed, "OVERLOADING SECTOR 3 AND 4 WITH A PILUM IS ALLOWED." Basically, you shoot the shield of 3 or 4 15 times each with a Pilum and it destroys it.

Ok, it's your server, and that's cool. Though I don't see the difference between "Shield Overloading" and crashing a Transport through a Titan top into a core...Or using RDX against the wall in the Titan to kill people in the hallway below it.

To me a an "exploit" is some flaw that is found in a game programing that gives an player or team and advantage that was not intended by the game creator. Maybe I'm wrong, but from my point of view, EA/DICE intended the attacking force of a Titan had to actually overrun the defenders in hallways 1 and 2 so they could gain entry into 3 and 4...not the other way around.

There are a meriad of ways that one could blow the core without overrunning the defends first, and EA/DICE has patch most of them. So how is this example any different?

if i had a dead horse... would you beat it?

i think yes. welcome to the EA forums a few months ago.

I don't think its fair for people to sit in a hallway and throw nades all day long......NO SKILL. Pick up a gun a shoot the whore. Currently, I'm #10 in the world, the #9 slot is filled with somebody that has 150,000 kills with a nade. Plus, another 100,000 pts for supplying his other NO SKILL bros. So, the overload is a blessing for the soldier wheeling a weapon and not the puss hiding behind a wall.

So, the overload is a blessing for the soldier wheeling a weapon and not the puss hiding behind a wall.

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

All kidding aside, Balls has a good point. It changes the dynamics of defending the titan and I think it makes it more fun for both the defenders and attackers. At first I was not sure if I liked the idea, but after a couple of rounds I really appreciated it while attacking and also defending since it got so many people out of the hallways and into active defense.

Im glad you said we can use a pilum in the corriders its actully funny when you blow the 3 0r 4 cause they are still chucking frags and defending 1 and 2 and not relising it has gone have you guys ever used motin mines and the bait to blow the console that works a treat

Im glad you said we can use a pilum in the corriders its actully funny when you blow the 3 0r 4 cause they are still chucking frags and defending 1 and 2 and not relising it has gone have you guys ever used motin mines and the bait to blow the console that works a treat

And THAT is what makes it a useful option as Balls and Sixer stated. You can stand up there with a pilum and hear them saying, "Grenade!" below you. It is necessary to have both resupply and cover/backup when attempting though.

When the 1.5 patch was released EA had it scrolling at the bottom of your 2142 game menu that Pilums on 3 & 4 was not a glitch but know apart of the game. And balls is right it is a blessing from all the nade whores.

And THAT is what makes it a useful option as Balls and Sixer stated. You can stand up there with a pilum and hear them saying, "Grenade!" below you. It is necessary to have both resupply and cover/backup when attempting though.

Lol, I always go for overload when the idiots are just nading down there. They never see it coming and we'll have the entire side blown up before they even know what hit them.

The word is myriad, and it is a dead issue. EA stated it is up to the servers to decide on this rule as it is in the game but up to us to decide what to do about the matter. Overloading forces action and improved coordination of defenders; in other words it places a premium on team work and action. It is along the same lines as prone being taken out of BC2 -- it keeps people moving. If the rule disturbs you then our servers are not for you, but we feel strongly that this is not a glitch and it is a rule that will not change. I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back