ZABOTGE

greasefire

ZABOTGE was just banned from the Tampa server. Other admins and myself spoken have to him on numerous occasions about the fighting flying commander rule. Today he became the commander and I issued a warning while Squirrel was spectating him. He decided to fly the transport and fire the guns and throw frags. At that point i issued the ban as he just blatantly disregards the rule. Squirrel will be posting the youtube link shortly

Thanks guys! Hope he doesn't cause more issues ;).

yeah i was there when this took place and i can say they both gave him enough warnings. and he was disrespectfully ignoring them i back them up 100% lol

Uh, in my defense I did not even see the warnings. I think you should have kicked me and not banned me.

The fighting commander rule is different between admins. I mean I have been riding around in an apc that someone else was driving and I got kicked for it. Honestly the fighting commander rule is crap. I mean if I am at a base, I can't defend myself?! This is exactly what happened the day I got banned. I was attacked at a base I killed someone and I get banned.

Also I hardly take the commander spot, I will usually jump in for 5 min and use the command specials for the team and drop command. I have been kicked for dropping command and then flying - this is not a flying commander if I am not in command when I am flying!

People hardly command on your servers because of all the dumb rules, that get enforced differently on different days. The day I got banned there were 5-6 commanders before me who were not evening commanding flying around Gun Ships!!! I ask for an admin to kick them like 20 times and nothing. I take command at a base for 5 min to use the UAV I get attacked, fight it off and I get banned?! Granted the dude said he warned me, but there is no aduio with the warnings so they are easy to miss if you are playing.

There are much worse people who abuse the rules on your servers and they dont get banned. Tampa is my favorite server, so it sucks being banned from it.

Please unbann my account, and take off the fighting commander rule because it gets enforced differently by different admins and is a very vague rule. Are you suppose to do nothing when attacked as a commander? I can't ride around in a vehicle someone is driving? No wonder no one ever commands on your servers.

I will admit, I have fought a few times at command, but 99% of the time I command I am sitting on the titan! I hardly go out and fight at bases as a commander.

I did not disrespect any of your admins, and I don't break the rules 1/10000 as much as other players on your server. When ever I am warned with something I correct it asap! I have been warned before, but when I see warning I correct what ever I am doing wrong.

Again, I think a kick was more in order then a ban. There were so many more people playing that day that deserved banns more so then me and they didnt even get kicked. I am a solid team player, and again I only take command when no one else is and it is usually only a few min to use the command specials to help the team.

Change the no-fighting commander/no flying commander rule to no flying. Then there will not be such variations in how the rule is enforced, because I have been warned for fighting commander when I did nothing wrong, like ride in an APC. The no fighting rule is stupid and just keep people from commanding on your servers.

greasefire - I always listen to your warnings, I did not see your warnings that day because there was a huge fight at the base I took over command at. I was sitting in a transport firing the guns backing up my team. I did not fly commander, and I was using all the command stuff. I was in the transport when I took over command and I was not flying it. I dropped the UAV and such and forgot to drop command because of the battle that broke out.

Again I meant no disrespect to any of your members or admin. IThe warnings are hard to see, is there a way to add audio to the warnings??!

Can't speak for everyone, but I've kicked, and have seen other admins kick flying/fighting commanders. I have also warned you for being a flying commander before, which you ignored also. I actually tried to kick you, but my admin goodies had not ported to Tampa at that time. You have been commander in a transport in the air more than once, and have been warned more than once. I also highly doubt you "missed" the warnings, as much as you type in-game.

And this stuff:
"There are much worse people who abuse the rules on your servers and they dont get banned."
" and I don't break the rules 1/10000 as much as other players on your server"
"There were so many more people playing that day that deserved banns more so then me and they didnt even get kicked"

If so, please take screenshots and post here, I'm positive they will be dealt with. Can't catch 'em all in-game.

"Change the no-fighting commander/no flying commander rule to no flying. Then there will not be such variations in how the rule is enforced, because I have been warned for fighting commander when I did nothing wrong, like ride in an APC. The no fighting rule is stupid and just keep people from commanding on your servers."

Kinda presumptuous of you telling TBG how to run their server, wouldn't you say? Hope you don't take offense, just my opinion on the matter.

Zappypants - I never ignore admins, it is just when you are in game playing it is very easy to miss the warnings with all the spam that rolls up the screens!

As for other players, I dont need to SS anyone, I don't really care if someone breaks a rule, there are no rules in war. IF someone is doing something wrong I try to bring attention to admins, but usually they don't see it with all the combat spam on their screens.

It is hard to see the warnings some times.

Granted I have been caught flying as commander, but it will only be for a few seconds or so, as I forgot to drop command. I will never take command and fly a gunship or transport to a destination. and most of the times I command it is for 5-10 min to help the team out with the specials. I don't like commanding on your server at all, just like everyone else, that is why you dont see many good commanders on your servers.

I mean you can ban me from your servers, there are 1000 more to play on. I like TBG a lot and would like to make amends. I don't try to break rules on your servers, I am a good player.

If you want to fight and flyin don't become commander...period. I hate commanders that don't spot, drop supplies, or put up a UAV's. If you want to stat pad go somewhere else.

Rule states no fighting or flying commanders. Either fight/fly and help achieve victory that way. Or do some intense commanding and support your troops. I could only imagine what would have happened if they handed Patton a rifle, Boarded him on a LCT and headed for Ohma beach. That said I am willing to lift the ban as Zabotge is a good player and an assest to the server outside of the commander issue.

I wasn't telling anyone how to run their server, I was just giving my opinion.

If you all unban me I will never command again, and there will be no problems, ok?

I always listen to the warnings when I see them. The only time I was a flying commander would have been for like 2 min tops to get a team to attack, and drop the uav. I would only do that in games that people did not command the whole.

The game I got banned I was commander maybe like 5 min tops. And I was just waiting on the UAV to refresh and I was going to drop it again and quit command.

I dont care to command, like I said, I dont like playing without a commander, but if that is the deal that is fine with me.

I said I was sorry, and I didnt see the warnings, and I wont command on the server or if I do command I will not leave the titan, is that fair enough?

[quote1246051084=balls2dawall]
If you want to fight and flyin don't become commander...period. I hate commanders that don't spot, drop supplies, or put up a UAV's. If you want to stat pad go somewhere else.
[/quote1246051084]
Balls I am probably the best commander for that stuff, I always use the command stuff and spot targets.

What happens is I dont like commanding, I like playing. But when we go most the game without a commander we get crushed. So I would hop in command while waiting somewhere, drop supply, uav, emp, and spot a few targets, maybe even issue a few squad orders then quit command hoping someone would pick it up who wasnt a total noob. And go about playing.

The game that I got banned the whole team grouped up at base 3 all game and we were getting owned. I took command mid flight as we had no commander to use the command stuff fast and tell the squads to move out of 3! I dropped command, finished my flight to 5, landed the transport, F2 gun seat. Picked up command quick, used all the command stuff for the team, and went back to fighting at the base. We were getting absolutely owned all game and had no commander all game. I would have dropped command but I figured I would wait till the UAV refreshed to drop it again then quit command.

A lot was going on in my screen between the command stuff and a heavy fight that I just landed into. It was all for the good of the team. But again, i broke the rules, I know it, I wont do it again. I love the tampa map & tbg server owns.
=)

I didnt read everything ZABOTGE wrote, but I love playing with this guy. He is fun and a great player. He commands like no one I have ever played with. The rules between the servers are different. Suez states no fighting/flying commnanders. Tampa server rules state no fighting commanders, it says nothing about flying. I think it is a mistake to ban ZABOTGE, he is a nice guy and a great player.

Back