Z77 Boards have been released for sale.

When Intel chipsets support native USB 3.0 and PCIE 3.0 then I'll upgrade. Until then it's not worth it to me.

Erm, they do. Except, it's the CPU with the primary PCI-E lanes. Z77 = native USB 3.0 and native PCI-E 3.0. Ivy = native PCI-E 3.0. If you drop a Sandy in, the Sandy can only handle PCI-E 2.0 so the board's capabilities there are downgraded.

So then I ought to hope for an 8-core HT chip. I'm just disappointed that Intel hasn't been pushing their advantage harder... GIMME MOAR CORES!!

Well when you have to reengineer AMD's technology and put a twist on it for copy right and the sake of them saying they came up with something. Hey it's going to take some time I guess.

Well when you have to reengineer AMD's technology and put a twist on it for copy right and the sake of them saying they came up with something. Hey it's going to take some time I guess.

What was that like a decade ago? Whats awesome is at this point AMD pays intel for rights and intel pays amd.... lol i love business. Real problem with Intel is the lawsuits they wage just to beat down competitors. Of course Apple is king of that these days and they have more bank roll than most.

AMD had not invented a new processor since the Athlon 64 until Bulldozer. The Phenom II was little more than a really big Athlon 64. The A64 was AMD's crowning achievement and sadly no one who was involved with it works for the company anymore. The people there now are somewhere between incompetent and beat down by current management. They won't fail as a company but if the current board is not ousted then maybe they need to fail so they can be restructured. When a company refuses to use industry standard tools and practices and opts for cheap and fast but inferior methods to get things done it has a bad effect. Its not the fault of the engineers but their supervisors.

Eitherway politics and fanboyisms won't get you a more powerful machine. Either you wan't whats best or you want to stick to your feelings. AMD should have done an 8 core Phenom II on a smaller process until Bulldozer could be improved and that would have been pretty decent. Bulldozer theoretically is superior and support is improving to help it match up. But dual threading aside core for core clock for clock Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge rape. If AMD's design was ripped off surely they can at least match Intel? But that was 2007ish and the architecture has changed massively. Truth is any company can if they have the licensing and the will. AMD employees seem to have had the will beat out of them. One day.... the idiots running that company will be gone.

What was that like a decade ago? Whats awesome is at this point AMD pays intel for rights and intel pays amd.... lol i love business. Real problem with Intel is the lawsuits they wage just to beat down competitors. Of course Apple is king of that these days and they have more bank roll than most.

AMD had not invented a new processor since the Athlon 64 until Bulldozer. The Phenom II was little more than a really big Athlon 64. The A64 was AMD's crowning achievement and sadly no one who was involved with it works for the company anymore. The people there now are somewhere between incompetent and beat down by current management. They won't fail as a company but if the current board is not ousted then maybe they need to fail so they can be restructured. When a company refuses to use industry standard tools and practices and opts for cheap and fast but inferior methods to get things done it has a bad effect. Its not the fault of the engineers but their supervisors.

Eitherway politics and fanboyisms won't get you a more powerful machine. Either you wan't whats best or you want to stick to your feelings. AMD should have done an 8 core Phenom II on a smaller process until Bulldozer could be improved and that would have been pretty decent. Bulldozer theoretically is superior and support is improving to help it match up. But dual threading aside core for core clock for clock Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge rape. If AMD's design was ripped off surely they can at least match Intel? But that was 2007ish and the architecture has changed massively. Truth is any company can if they have the licensing and the will. AMD employees seem to have had the will beat out of them. One day.... the idiots running that company will be gone.

AMD is a perfect example of how NOT to manage R&D. Anyways, it took them a while to really refine A64--their main focus should be lowering power consumption and, by corollary, increasing clock speeds. Ultimately, they need a game-changer. A product that can legitimately beat Intel--something they've not done in many years. That means that, instead of trying to match today's Intel chip, they need to beat it by significant margins. They've been a year behind for quite a while now.

The management is more concerned with saving money to make money and using marketing to make up for their mistakes than supporting their engineers. The engineers have done well under the current regime but not well enough. Ultimately the board and investors have chosen failure and told their employees to deal with it. As long as money is coming in who cares right?

HP's last CEO was driving the company into the ground and that was taken care of maybe AMD's share holders will do something soon and fix AMD's management.

Back