Z77 Boards have been released for sale.

P? You mean Z? I like the Biostar TZ77XE4--smartly designed. I just wish manufacturers would stop putting dedicated DVI, VGA, Displayport, and HDMI ports on the motherboard I/O. Put in stacked Displayports or a stacke DVI ports--enough to cover your bases but while saving I/O space. Instead, put in older USB 2.0 ports and S/PDIF optical & coax. So far as I'm aware, you cannot run 4 displays from Intel IGP.

Yes, I corrected the post. LOL I meant Z77 boards. The New IGP is a lot better. I think I read at one point Intel claimed that one could run BF3 on the in IGP. I could be wrong though.

Booo. Intel just got new MB. No one want's to buy the shit. So they come out with more. SHOW ME the new AMD MB already!!!

Booo. Intel just got new MB. No one want's to buy the shit. So they come out with more. SHOW ME the new AMD MB already!!!

Are we thinking of the same Intel and AMD here? Specifically AMD--with the craptastic Bulldozer. The only thing that'll bulldoze is your house--after an electrical fire burns it down.

Booo. Intel just got new MB. No one want's to buy the shit.

LOL I wanted one. I mean native USB 3 and by the end of this machines life the PCI-E 3.0 WILL be useful. But i don't need to change it now and guy i was gonna sell this too isn't too interested so i said screw it. Ill just have to deal with the fact that my GTX 890 will be bottlenecked by both my cpu and my pcie bus until the next machine is built :p

Im still running an i7 965ee Im so behind the times.

If im still playing video games in 2017 with you fags, shoot me plz

Your ass will be riddled with bullet holes.

I'll take a pass on Ivy, Nehalem is pretty adequate. I hope Haswell chipsets support all native USB 3.0 and all native SATA3.

Your ass will be riddled with bullet holes.
I'll take a pass on Ivy, Nehalem is pretty adequate. I hope Haswell chipsets support all native USB 3.0 and all native SATA3.

Haswell should be the bomb assuming no bugs. I mean based on early prototypes we should be doing what 8Ghz on 45 watts with a quad core hyper threader as a base model?

Haswell should be the bomb assuming no bugs. I mean based on early prototypes we should be doing what 8Ghz on 45 watts with a quad core hyper threader as a base model?
I haven't a clue about Haswell's potential. I just want at least a 6-core with HT around the $300 point.

I haven't a clue about Haswell's potential. I just want at least a 6-core with HT around the $300 point.

Psh youll get that in an ultra book with 8 hours of battery life for 700 by then. Thats a bit less of an exaggeration than what i said before. Little closer to reality.

Psh youll get that in an ultra book with 8 hours of battery life for 700 by then. Thats a bit less of an exaggeration than what i said before. Little closer to reality.

So then I ought to hope for an 8-core HT chip. I'm just disappointed that Intel hasn't been pushing their advantage harder... GIMME MOAR CORES!!

I just got a new build you tellin me I fail?

CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) Desktop Memory
AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor
EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1567-KR GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) Desktop Memory
EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1567-KR GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Someone would say you did :p I mean that 4 core Dual Threader that was sold to you by an advertising department. But nah its good stuff all around. If my i5 wasnt at 4.5Ghz it would beat up on me in many areas. The extra integer stages really help in 2 pass video encoding something an i7 or a Bulldozer has to offer.

The AMD portion is the big fail. Wait a couple weeks for i5-3570K and expect it priced close to the current i5-2500K. Combine with discounted 6-series or a new 7-series board.

When Intel chipsets support native USB 3.0 and PCIE 3.0 then I'll upgrade. Until then it's not worth it to me.

Back