World greatest driving road.

mega02

BANNED
BANNED
This is the road connecting Transylvania to the rest of Romania. You will see this road on the big screen on February 17, 2012 featured on Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance(Nicolas Cage/Idris Elba).

Skip to 6:16, although the People's Palace segment is epic. Wish I had a tunnel like that!
Unfortunately the building holds 3 Guinness book world records - most expensive building in the world (over $10 Billion), world's heaviest building and world's largest administrative building - so I doubt I'll ever be able to afford it......

Oh yea - please no haters........

<object height="225" width="400">

<embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=8010978&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=1&color=&fullscreen=1&autoplay=0&loop=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="225" width="400"></object>Top Gear Transfagarasan Romania (2009) Amazing from BOMBJACK on Vimeo.

pretty badass. Thats a cool show.

Thx guys, honestly I had second, make that 3rd guesses - I thought nobody would be interested in things outside US.

thats a fucking kick ass road, holy shit.

I wanna take my gixer on that road and bomb it. Looks fun as hell to say the least!

pretty badass. Thats a cool show.

It is, no other car show on the planet even comes close! Who else would drag race a Bugatti Veyron vs the Euro Fighter Typhoon.

Too bad none of the US channels brings this over as is. History channel premieres the US version this month, but it is a dumbed down version. Never-mind that the original BBC series is funded with public funds, while the new US version will have sponsors and needs to worry about offending everyone.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px;">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7NZ9X9A2efA?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="390" width="640"></object>

Last edited:
BBC America started running the new series in full length versions, instead of cutting them down to fit 1hr blocks with ads. Unfortunately they still run 6 months behind the rest of the world's broadcast so hardcore Top Gear fans like myself have to pirate the episodes.

Oh and seriously Top Gear America is going to blow out the ass, if it doesn't have Clarkson/Hammond/May why even bother.

I love this show, i've been watching it for like 10 years or so. There is an episode when they have a motorhome challenge in which they play a theme song from one of the BF2142 maps, don't remember which one. So true, it gave me goosebumps. When does a new seasson start, anybody know?

Ditto, but I want to give your girl a ride too. Looks like we need to swap hoes.

Agree .........:)

I'll take your road and charge you another public road, it doesn't have the buildings, but anyone who is anyone that likes driving fast on anything, dreams of this.
YouTube - ZR1 Nurburgring Official 7:26.4 Record Corvette Run

That is a fantastic track, it's not a public road. It's one way and only open on Sundays if I remember correctly. I lived in Koln for a while, and driving the track was one of my favorite Sundays activity. It's also fairly cheap, under $ 30.00.

The road in the original video is a regular public road, built by the Romanian military as a response to the Soviet invasion of Czechoslovakia in 68. It can hold columns of tanks and other heavy military gear.

Romania was the only Eastern Block country who did not send troops to squash the Chech revolution. Furthermore it strongly condemned it.
Although still a communist country it pursued independent policies from Moscow. It was the only eastern bloc country to maintain economic/diplomatic ties with Israel and West Germany, the first to have ties with the European Union and the first communist country to be visited by a US president, in 1969. China was second in 74.
It was also the only Warsaw pact country that did not boycott the 84 Los Angeles Olympics.

I though it is public, it's owned by the state, but leased to 3 private owners?. It's considered a toll road?. You can get traffic fines on that road?.

And now it's open 6 days a week. weekdays only after 5pm. That I do know, LOL. I took My VR6 Jetta for a run there. showed up at 5:30 to make the run, but couldn't until 6pm due to a porshe club taking up all the room.

Romania is also home to some of our new US Military bases, I'm sure most haven't heard, but we are building a handful of missle bases there.

Romania is also home to some of our new US Military bases, I'm sure most haven't heard, but we are building a handful of missle bases there.

That VR6 is fun! Never drove the Jetta but the Golf with that engine. Was it the Wolfsburg edition?

As for the missiles hopefully it would be made official at this week-end NATO summit in Lisbon. They are planning to have the land based SM-3 by 2015 + other military infrastructure. Needles to say the Russians are pissed.

Agree .........:)

That is a fantastic track, it's not a public road. It's one way and only open on Sundays if I remember correctly. I lived in Koln for a while, and driving the track was one of my favorite Sundays activity. It's also fairly cheap, under $ 30.00.

The road in the original video is a regular public road, built by the Romanian military as a response to the Soviet invasion of Czechoslovakia in 68. It can hold columns of tanks and other heavy military gear.

Romania was the only Eastern Block country who did not send troops to squash the Chech revolution. Furthermore it strongly condemned it.
Although still a communist country it pursued independent policies from Moscow. It was the only eastern bloc country to maintain economic/diplomatic ties with Israel and West Germany, the first to have ties with the European Union and the first communist country to be visited by a US president, in 1969. China was second in 74.
It was also the only Warsaw pact country that did not boycott the 84 Los Angeles Olympics.

Mega I like how you know your history...its sexy:)

Back