windows 10?

At first I had problems with punkbuster kicking me because the OS of 10 was not recognized. Then they fixed that but then I had to manually start punk buster services in task manager. Then was able to play. Some games though I was getting terrible FPS on the nvidia beta drivers. War thunder ran like shit for a while till I found a way to get fps back up on it. I also had problems with farcry 4 terrible fps. Also nvidia drivers would not enable tri sli for me on 10. I use to have to reboot like 3 or 4 times before it would finally do tri sli. Most the time it would just sli the top two cards and leave the third one out for physx, which it never did on 8.1. Also the logitech drivers gave me problems as well. Also I think they fixed it but you use to have to shut down all these crazy back ground programs to get it to go to SLI. Some of them required you to quickly open task manager smash the key to close it, click as fast as you could to nvidia control panel and smash the sli button lol hoping it went before windows restarted the service.

Window's has had forced updates since Window's XP. The system does stealth updates all the time. Can and has lead to breaking window's update.

As bad as this is going to seem, it does a lot of good for some user's as well as microsoft. It should reduce support costs immensely. As a developer I am looking forward to both this and 10 in general. Not that I will ever make anything worthwhile lol. 2 more days until Visual Studio 2015!

It looks like the new desktop for Windows 10 looks really slick, at least from the desktop screenshots I saw on imgur.

My advice regarding windows 10:

nike_justdoit_616.jpg

And like with all things windows... turning off automatic updates will be a registry setting away.

If they don't code it in it won't be. But just pull a samsung and write a killwindowsupdater.exe daemon so your USB 3 drivers dont get overwritten... lol

hopefully the video card drivers etc are good at release. I think they will be. I will update my PC to the release version before GA(general availability) and test it. I have a Microsoft developer account.
See nividia all ready has windows 10 drivers on there site.

Back