Win 7 + BF2142 working!

I never had any issues installing the game, that's weird. Were you running it as administrator?

[quote1243812214=Soulzz]
I never had any issues installing the game, that's weird. Were you running it as administrator?
[/quote1243812214]

Yes, the actual game installs fine but it either fails to update (patch) or the patches say they install correctly but when you check the BF2142patch text file it says that it didn't install a bunch of files and you get kicked for modified content. Everything else has installed fine ie: Grid; L4D; Vent. Not to mention the random blue screens and Windows Explorer has stop responding messages. It is not stable on my machine at all, I'm not even a little impressed at this point. It's not like I'm a computer noob either, I do this for a living.

If your up for doing this, I would strongly recommend this:

1a. Download new patches -- maybe a file got corrupt.
1b. Make sure you update 2142 using the 1.50 patch.
1c. Where did you download your copy of Windows 7 from? Is it the RC version?

Soldier, are you downloading the game or installing from a disk? The downloaded version gets corrupted on installs. I'd highly recommend using CDs or a DVD version.

Good thought Sixer. The downloader is SHIT.

1a. Download new patches -- maybe a file got corrupt.

Yep first thing I tried.....no go. I knew the one I had was good because I used it a few weeks ago when I reinstalled on XP but tried another any way. Two 1.40 patches of exactly the same size and get the same result. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game so many times I think I know my cd key by heart. Btw it is the original DVD from 2006, no EA Downloader stuff for me.

1b. Make sure you update 2142 using the 1.50 patch.

Patch order is 1.40>NS>1.40>1.50 I can't even get the 1.40 patch to install. One time it seemed to install correctly but it didn't.

1c. Where did you download your copy of Windows 7 from? Is it the RC version?

Straight from Microsoft and yes it's the RC version.

They can fucking keep it, every game I play lags and stutters, randomly crashes to the desktop, or doesn't feel "right". I guess I'll be running XP forever, it's quite disheartening, especially when hearing of everyone's success. But enough playing around with this BS I've already missed like 3 days worth of gaming trying to get this piece of shit to work......enough is enough.

I would patch from 1.50. As for lagging/stuttering in games.. I've never experienced that. Are you positive that it's not a hardware issue?

It may be, but I doubt it. I've installed the latest Beta drivers for the video cards and the X-Fi soundcard. I've given up at this point in trying to get it to work. My original plan was to dual boot with XP. I was using Partition Magic and during the actual partitioning process under XP I had a power loss and it totally fucked my XP partition so I was trying just Windows 7 but obviously that's not working so well for me. I've created another partition under Win 7 and I'm going to install XP there when I get back home later today. I'll still try and get the Windows 7 working correctly. BTW I figured out why I was blue screening, it was my processor OC, apparently Win 7 didn't like it. I backed it down from 3.2 to 3.0 and they stopped so I am making some progress.

Back