Win 7 + BF2142 working!

sixer9682

Soulzz helped me get 2142 working in Win7 last night, and thanks again Soulzz. I kept getting API errors previously because PB-b kept closing. What he had me do was a little in reverse of what I had tried before, but it works.

1.Install game.
2. Set shortcut (if that's what you use to initialize the game) to compatibility mode.
3. Uninstall PB services.
4. Delete PB folder from Programs/BF2142 files.
5. Download and install PB services.exe-to reinstall PB.
6. RUN-Services-Find PB A and B and set both to run in compatibility mode.

It may seem like a lot to do, but it literally takes 3 or 4 minutes. These are all very small steps.
It's nice to see that 2142 can run without errors in Win7. The really odd thing for me is that I get faster frames per second in Win 7 than in XP or Vista. Go figure.

LOOL... so running compatibility mode makes 2142 think that Win7 is Vista? hahh...

By the way, if you have any type of Anti-Virus firewall or a firewall in general, remember to allow PnkBstrA & B.

Thanks for the reminder Soulzz, it seems that my software firewall was also interfering with PB so the setting had to be adjusted.

Thanks for the tip. I am reinstalling Vista 64 and installing windows 7 this weekend on my new rig. This tip will come in handy for Windows 7

Thank Soulzz. He's the one who worked out the steps. I was too frustrated and didn't want to spend the time, but he is evidently more patient than I am 063 Anyway, let us know how it goes with the Win7 install for everything.

Thanks Soulzz.
Will do about win 7. I already had the old beta running but had no HD space to load anything else on it besides farcry 2 . It played decent. I'm looking forward to the RC version.

i want to know if you can carry the RC into the actual release with a valid cd key, or if you have to get a copy of the release and re-install win7.

i just restored vista ult. and i was on the fence about win7 as a full time gaming rig.

i just dont want to reinstall everything when windows 7 hits the shelf.

I played the SP. My brother has it now.....dumb DRM laws suck on it. I will think twice before I buy another DRM game.

[quote1243587885=roth140]
i want to know if you can carry the RC into the actual release with a valid cd key, or if you have to get a copy of the release and re-install win7.

i just restored vista ult. and i was on the fence about win7 as a full time gaming rig.

i just dont want to reinstall everything when windows 7 hits the shelf.
[/quote1243587885]

I think you will have to reinstall... previous version haven't been able to be "upgraded" to release I think.

If you guys say it will work I'll give it a go. I'm downloading now 3.05 GB in 30 minutes. I fucking love FIOS.

Basically a anti-piracy for games. Serial # assigned to one person and can limited to three installs(BioShock). Another one slowly takes take textures away till doesn't work anymore. Forget what game. It had a battleship in it.

[quote1243750741=CJJEANS]
DRM game?
[/quote1243750741]

Digital rights media. FarCry2 .The game will only allow to be installed 5 activations on 3 separate PCs. I didn't know this ( stupid me for not reading instructions or manual) I had it installed 3 times one on each OS I had running (xp,vista,win7) I didn't know you had to uninstall it first to get a activation back. My hard drive took a poop and I lost 3 activations. I installed it again but for some reason it will not let me activate it. I have to call or e-mail them to see what I can do.

Win7 RC up and running with 2142 no issues. Thanks again for the instructions, worked great. The only thing I didn't have to do is uninstall PB and delete the folder. I did the other stuff though.

I've been trying for like three hours and i can't even get 2142 to install and patch correctly on the x64 version. Fuck it, just not worth the time or effort at this point......back to 32 bit XP. Why, because it works.

Back