will changing internet providers cause any issues with servers???

smokerob79

had a static IP address for years and about to dump shit spectrum for going to a 169 dollars for basic cable and internet.....wanted to know if anything would happen changing IP addresses??? dont know if i will have a rolling IP or not but know i cant keep the same one moving to a new provider.....

If you don't run any hosted applications that rely on your static IP (servers, or other hosting platforms), you'll be fine. You will probably lose connection for 2-5 minutes, but it will be fine.

If you don't run any hosted applications that rely on your static IP (servers, or other hosting platforms), you'll be fine. You will probably lose connection for 2-5 minutes, but it will be fine.

i took all that stuff down about 2 years ago (server and networked TV tuner) and spectrum never took me off a static IP even after they changed my bill to a lower rate for taking it off....that stuff wont be a issue.....i am wondering about the TBG gaming server wigging out over me trying to log in on a new IP, but from the sounds of what you are saying the servers should not give a shit as long as the log in credentials are valid....

THANKS FOR THE REPLY MAN.....keep up the good work

Then you have absolutely nothing to worry about it :).

IP addresses are just that, addresses. It's not software. It's assigned based on your ISP. At most, you might have a different ping.

Worked as an installer for AT&T internet and TV, you wont have any issues with the change up

Back