widescreen support

do you know if the new card will use the same drivers? i searched the drop down menus and came up with the same 185.85 drivers. im tryiny to get as much ready as possible so i can swap and play.

also, is there any other software to get? like orver/underclocking ect...

I'm using 182.50 personally. The 185.xx release of drivers is fine, but for some reason it makes my card enter a "low power" mode of reduced frequencies which it cannot be brought out of, unless by a restart.

Admittedly, I am overclocking even further than the factory overclocks, and I've been finding they might not be stable lately under certain conditions, so the experimentation continues lol.

Also, for me 185.85 caused the old multicore stuttering with L4D, although not AS bad as it was before they fixed it, which is unacceptable.

It's worked for other people though, so I'd try the 185.85 first, and then switch to 182.50 if problems.

For overclocking, I use EVGA Precision. It's like a simplified rivatuner... just perfect. Set the clocks, profiles, graphs if you need them, thats about it.

ill be on vent with you later this week i think. im really excited about this card. I just finished a clean Vista install to get my tower back to just gaming.

Its much faster now and steam has L4D and Portal installed :x

Back