widescreen support

roth140

i just got a new monitor running 1920x1080, what do i need to do with bf2142 to get it running at that. its still running at 1280x1024.

do i change the command line in the shortcut or change something in-game?

Check this out. It should give you the answer you need.

[link=http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2142_9.html]http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2142_9.html[/link]

Yeah what Bob said. I'm not sure if 2142 supports 1920 x 1080 but the last patch added widescreen support. Make your shortcut look like this : "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\BF2142.exe" +menu 1 +widescreen 1 Then see if you can select that resolution in game..

It does support 1920x1080. I play at that res.

Just add +widescreen 1 and it should show up with your resolutions.

Congrats for the new monitor ;-)

By the res. it's probably labeled a "TV." How big is it?

i tried +widescreen 1 and chose 1920x1080 in the drop down. when the map was loading the screen flickered white a bunch. im guessing my SLI 8600's arent good enough to run that resolution :(

Hey man I don't know if your mobo supports CrossFire but a pair of ATI HD 4770's can be had for under $200. Right now these things are far and away the best bang for the buck right now.

I'd recommend a GTX 260 core 216, 55nm edition, or a GTX 275 (gtx 260 is much cheaper for roughly the same performance).

I have a 65-nm GTX 260 and it runs stuff very well at 1920x1080 usually, with 4xAA too.

ive got an nvidia mobo so SLI for me. i would like to buy one good gpu for now. i was thinking one GTX 260 as well. that should run everything better than two 8600's by far!

thanks heat

I got an ad email for some sale today on an EVGA GTX 260 c216, 55nm edition... for like 209 + $20 rebate (hopefully receivable lol)..

Check provantage.com, mwave.com and newegg.com... it was one of those I think.

I'd go with EVGA if I were you. BFG, XFX and Asus are nice as well.

Fuck best buy.

If I were buying a video card today, I would actually probably buy the GTX 275, even though it's a bit more expensive...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130475

The difference is small between the GTX 260, but in some games the extra shaders (240 vs 216) and the additional memory bandwidth make a difference.

GTX 260 is nice too tho.

and yes, Best buy = meh.

I have a 22" monitor with recommended resolution of 1920 x 1080 and I didn't change any settings in game or in the command line for the .exe launch... I chose the closest resolution in the resolutions in game and thats it...
I also have an ATI Radeon HD 4850 which supports this resolution and higher

best buy is expensive and the selection leaves much to be desired. i find it hard to get any mid-range graphics options.
i have a j & r ( www.jr.com )near me which is actually competitive with newegg in some respects

i shop best buy at cost... ;)

sometimes, newegg is cheaper but shipping (plus the wait time) isnt worth the $10-20 off of buying online.

ive got some birthday money left over. i can afford half a 260 card. maybe i can cash in some change lol

That's the same one I have, but mine is the older 55nm and not "SSC" edition (just a KO lol).

BTW let me know if you have problems in left 4 dead with it... it's possible that you do with an overclocked card, but hopefully not... I have a huge-ass thread on it that I started (15+ pages) on the steam forums... long story.

You should not have problems, but if you do I can give you ideas on how to solve.

thanks a ton, i <3 l4d on my new monitor, cant wait for the 260 to ship in on Wednesday. newegg is shipping it from ontario to IL, sweet. beats shipping from California.

Yeah one of the reasons I love NewEgg so much is that they have a warehouse about 100 miles from me. Even with standard shipping it's usually on my doorstep in a day or two.

Back