What's your Headset??

Just_a_noob

I'm in need of a new headset and I was wondering what is decent? Price isn't an option (to a point). I was running a USB Logitech until the MIC started to get static, then I bought a USB turtle beach. The sound is really good, but I can't get the MIC to work well. So anyways, I was wondering what some of you guys are running and how its working for you. I need a MIC if I ever want to be a cool ass TBG member!

I use Sony Studio Monitors, they are great and deliver bass very well for the price. ~$19.99 at Circuit city before they went under. I use a second headset for my mic, it just rests on my neck now that I fixed my Sony.

LMAO "cool ass TBG member" LOLOL

I'm glad somebody removed it from the server info - it was kinda gay to be honest... lol. Although we are "cool asses" I guess haha.

I've been using this Sennheiser PC160 for over 2 years. Very comfortable and delivers great sound. You can get it for like 50-60 bucks off of Newegg I believe.

I'm using the Creative XFi Fatal1ty Headset...
They like to distort the sound every 3 hours of gaming... its a good marking point for when I should be taking breaks. I dont recommend them - although they have incredible sound quality and the mic worked great when I was using it. The turtle beach headset I bought was annoying. I let background noise in and i couldn't figure out how to disable that feature. They were so expensive it was hard to work them. I'm still a little at a loss of what headphones I want as well.

Rocketfish from BestBuy, I bought for the name and found them to be damn comfy and good quality.

[quote1238291885=CTFalcon]
Rocketfish from BestBuy, I bought for the name and found them to be damn comfy and good quality.
[/quote1238291885]

you <3 teh RF

i have the logitech clearchat pro usb from best buy

[quote1238305874=cjjeans]
I let background noise in and i couldn't figure out how to disable that feature.
[/quote1238305874]

LMAO! "feature"? 021

[quote1238313867=cjjeans]
I'm using the Creative XFi Fatal1ty Headset...
They like to distort the sound every 3 hours of gaming... its a good marking point for when I should be taking breaks. I dont recommend them - although they have incredible sound quality and the mic worked great when I was using it. The turtle beach headset I bought was annoying. I let background noise in and i couldn't figure out how to disable that feature. They were so expensive it was hard to work them. I'm still a little at a loss of what headphones I want as well.
[/quote1238313867]

I use the Creative Fatal1ty headset as well and have never noticed "distortion" problems. I wear them for 8 hour sittings and they rock. Sound quality is very good when paired with an X-Fi souncard.

The sound quality from the Creative headset is unmatched....but I went through two of them and both times the mic took a crap. Also, the comfort level sucks. I couldn't wait to take them off during rounds. I have Plantronics from Best Buy; they are really comfortable and the sound is not to bad...not as good as the Creative, it seems the bass is not as deep as it should.

[quote1238339954=HeatSurge]
[quote1238305874=cjjeans]
I let background noise in and i couldn't figure out how to disable that feature.
[/quote1238305874]

LMAO! "feature"? 021
[/quote1238339954]

I'm serious! There is this little mic in the usb sound card thingy that is designed tho let background noise in for me to hear what is going on around me as well - I dont know how to turn that off. So I'm giving them away...

Sounded like a dumb idea initially but thinking about it... interesting.

me i use the ZM-RS6F+M, from Zalman .. nice real 5.0(not 5.1 cause theres no woofer ... ) sound good. bass is transfert to center speaker.. not as good as a real woofer but make the job well.theres 3 speaker on each side of head.front side and back. i bought it 2 years ago and they work perfectly even after some crash on floor . mine was with analog plug. 3 X 1/8 plug but now they make it with USB

AKG makes some of the best sounding head phones I've ever heard. Granted you pay for the quality, a friend of mine has had his for like 6 years, finally had to replace the cord but they still work great.
This is the pair he has:
[link=hyperlink url]http://www.akg.com/site/products/powerslave,id,1111,pid,1111,nodeid,2,_language,EN.html[/link]

I use an Xbox 360 wireless mic with the adapter and my computer's speakers. i have a logitec gaming headset, but it is a paperweight.

Back