What's the TBG stance on padders ?

gurdyboy

A four star general was on today - yes, real and unhacked.

However, he was awfully easy to kill, I'd rate him at approximately Lieutenant or ~maybe~ Major level skillwise.

Obviously he wasnt "hacking" so I looked him up. He's a stat padder**, but at least human.

He called me a hacker (cute) but it was his lack of experience that kept me killing him.

Riton55

He has 1.5 MILLION repair points. My God, if he spent all that time actually playing instead of padding repair points, he really would have been good.

He's not a danger to anyone but himself, but I thought you should know.

I dont hate padders like I hate hackers, but several obvious padders have knocked me out of the top 10 (US) for sniper accuracy. gah !!

**This is entirely my opinion, the link is included so you can form your own.

Padders are just as bad as hackers in my opinion. You're still exploiting the game mechanics to gain something you couldn't achieve through normal play.

As far as TBG's stance(mind you im not a member so I might be wrong) they are very anti statpadding. The only question is they might only ban if a player is caught statpadding on a tbg server specifically rather than if they just have a history of it.

if caught stat padding on our server we would need images or video and he would be banned as it is still cheating the system.

We include padders in the "Hacker and Glitching" category when it comes to our stance: they are just as terrible as the previous, they just utilize a different method to bring lameness into the game and take the reward of legitimate , fair and fun team play that we strive to provide on all of our servers.

Oh, he wasnt padding "on" your server.
I looked him up because he wasnt really 4 star material and I thought that was odd.
(maybe it's the connection from France or something that's affecting his game)

Who knows, the French may have a different game style too. hah.
He's playing now, but not bothering anyone or gathering attention.

Lets see, a bit of math. If it took 3 seconds to get One repair point. (total guess on 3 secs)
3 secs x 1,500,000 = 4.5M (seconds)
4.5M (seconds) / 60 = 75000 (minutes)
75000 / 60 = 1250 (hours)

His total playtime: 2200 (hours)

Time spent playing: 950hrs
Time spent repairing: 1250hrs (guesstimating 3 seconds per repair point)

It's a crazy world out there. I dont know what to think.

Hell, I can't even get 10 repair points in a round, doing nothing other than trying to repair. Not even trying to get kills, just repairing and dying. 1.5 million is a bullshit repair score.

maybe he was doing a phalanx with armored vehicles on some server, and he was the engi in the middle? :D

Back