What web browser do you use?

but opera hasnt turned from shit to shit, opera was good and now is even better. :D

I mean at least they no longer charge for it and serve up ads in browser:
Opera_7.02.png

They were the crazy bastards that thought people would actually pay for a web browser.

god would it suck to suddenly wake up 10 years back.

That depends. Knowing what I know now or not. Could make a killing in the market.....lol

Who is less intrusive IE, Chrome or Opera? And less likely to give your information away?

IE is likely to fuck you over even if you don't use it. Having it in the system is a serious security vulnerability.

If your paranoid that Google is going to sell your credit card info to the Russians then I can't answer your question. The Russians really need that money. Its a web browser just use it and don't sign in and allow it to safely store your info in an encrypted little box that even you can't get into if you lose the key. Speaking of which where the hell is my Firefox encryption key at.

Opera nuts will tell you Opera is easily the safer bet. But its like saying Macs don't get viruses and then watching one get hijacked faster than a windows machine. Truth is personally I dunno.

The info they sell is likely still gathered since Google ads are served up on many many websites and the info related to the user who is viewing the site that triggered the relevant ad is stored. I have let chrome run so long that I actually see ads for shit I want now... Haven't run adblock in ages but even using Firefox Google ads would be tracking me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

For security, i use the tor network, but i dont need to buy IED's or illicit drugs usually, therefore i use opera which is simple and doesnt kill the cpu.

Also, with opera there is a bunch of shifty add-ons that you don't really need, but also some very very neat things... you'll see. The adblock works like a charm and you have very good control over the cookies.

Chrome incognito mode + adblock + Private Internet Access (vpn/proxy).

Sent via Tapatalk carrier pigeon

Thanks gus, Tart I've heard of Tor but I heard it was really kind of made for what you described and not that great at browsing modern conventional websites. Have you used it for tbgclan.com?

Fuck chrome. It's the buggiest shit I've ever used, right up there with IE. Flash always crashes in Chrome at work or at home. I've had Chrome crash on me repeatedly when gaming in BF3 and BF4. I use Comodo Dragon which is based on Chrome, but for whatever reason it is not buggy and is very stable. It's also faster than Chrome, which I like a lot.
Dragon Internet Browser ? Comodo Dragon Web Browser

Disable all the comodo shit when you first install, for me it's a pain in the ass to have extra nonsense running. I just use the browser.

Fuck chrome. It's the buggiest shit I've ever used, right up there with IE. Flash always crashes in Chrome at work or at home. I've had Chrome crash on me repeatedly when gaming in BF3 and BF4. I use Comodo Dragon which is based on Chrome, but for whatever reason it is not buggy and is very stable. It's also faster than Chrome, which I like a lot.
Dragon Internet Browser ? Comodo Dragon Web Browser

Disable all the comodo shit when you first install, for me it's a pain in the ass to have extra nonsense running. I just use the browser.

Wierd. Never crashes on me and I use it non-stop all day for work. Also super fast.

I don't like Chrome purely based on the fact that it was made for googlefags, and the UI that it uses reminds me of everything google produces, i.e. interface with 5 year-olds in mind with little options or customization.

In general, the more options something has, the more I like it. Also I like the concept of "add-ons," although I admit I don't use any on a daily basis I've used some occasionally before for functionality I've needed.

I can live with FF taking up 200MB memory per tab in this day and age.

Thanks gus, Tart I've heard of Tor but I heard it was really kind of made for what you described and not that great at browsing modern conventional websites. Have you used it for tbgclan.com?

the tor network is rather slow, but very secure, if you use it for the tbg website you might scare fasty as it splashes you with an ip in africa.

Chrome, never had a crash or an issue with it. Sorry it is not happening for you mac.

Fuck chrome. It's the buggiest shit I've ever used, right up there with IE. Flash always crashes in Chrome at work or at home. I've had Chrome crash on me repeatedly when gaming in BF3 and BF4.

Did you ever find out what was causing flash to crash? Chrome was not the cause. Comodo Dragon does not have PPAPI and there for doesn't use the same flash as chrome. So it was a specific issue with the flash version used by chrome at the time. I remember something like a year ago.

Looks like a good browser for Mac except for potentially crashing as much as firefox. Personally not having issues with either recently. Just goes to show how much tech sucks lol.

Back